Once upon a time here at FerretBrain we had a theme for things we quite liked. This eventually became a little bit bloated and was rendered essentially meaningless because it turned we did actually like things. Occasionally.
The Axis of Awesome works slightly differently to our other themes. Each contributor is invited to select only a single item for it (although they can change it at any time). It therefore represents the highest possible FerretBrain accolade, the sort of squealing, palpitating adoration reserved for only the most deserving and sublime. Hold your breath, dear readers, for you pass through the halls of miracles.
- Dark, Passionate, and Playful: Nightwish at the Astoria by Rami Rami gets excited by Finnish metalheads
- Next to Normal is Better than Awesome by Melissa G. Melissa makes us wish we were in New York in her review of the musical Next To Normal.
- Totally Awesome by Viorica Viorica finds a Potter-related bit of media that actually deserves the hype
- Another Last Chance to See by Sonia Mitchell Sonia finds out whether learning about conservation can work as light entertainment.
- Can't Help Falling by Dan H Dan is embarrassingly into the works of Lauren Kate
- To Know Is To Die by Arthur B The original Edge of Darkness TV drama is good enough to survive the lukewarm reception of the Mel Gibson version.