You can see the most recently posted comments here, 24 at a time; or, if you prefer, we've got a news feed...
Sören Heim on Ferret Blogroll
at 10:03 on 07-01-2019 - link
Sad to see this end, especially such a short time after I joined. Gonna repost my texts eventually on my own blog (https://soerenheim.wordpress.com/) & I'll try to get a rather small collection of recomendations for really great fantasy in english going there... most of the blog is, unfortunately for my readers here, in german, though.
Goodbye... this is/was a great site.
Ibmiller on Ferret Blogroll
at 04:41 on 26-11-2018 - link
I'm only a commentor, though I did have the great honor of guesting on one of the last podcasts I know about on the site (about As You Like It, or Whatevs). My blog is almost entirely at ibmiller.tumblr.com.
I started reading this website through Dan's epic takedowns of Harry Potter 7 my senior year of college, well over a decade ago, and I'm sad to see it go. Thank you, very much, to everyone who made it what it was.
Raymond H on Ferret Blogroll
at 05:10 on 08-11-2018 - link
I don’t have a blog (although I should probably get one now). I do however have a slipshod, slapdash, self-published novel which can be found here. Feel free to leave a scathing customer review, as I freely admit that, even with all the stuff I’m proud of, there’s a lot of cringe-worthy crap in the book as well.
My second novel, The Song of Morien: A Quartet is nearing the end of its final draft, and I should have it up on a Google Doc for friends and family to proof-read before the month is over. If any ferrets are interested in doing that, feel free to let me know.
- Arthur B on Ferret Blogroll at 01:37 on 05-11-2018 - link Awesome! I will link back to them bit by bit. :) (I've stripped out a lot of link to others' articles for my reposts on Fake Geek Boy/Refereeing & Reflection because I didn't want to just assume people would repost their stuff elsewhere.)
Alasdair Czyrnyj on Ferret Blogroll
at 01:10 on 05-11-2018 - link
It's a shame that you're shutting the site down, but I suppose not everything can last forever.
For the record, I'm Alasdair Czyrnyj, and I can be found at:
I also took the liberty of making PDF copies of all my reviews/articles a few months back, and they are available on my blog over here:
Robinson L on Ferret Blogroll
at 15:29 on 02-11-2018 - link
I'm on Dreamwidth: https://irreverent-intellectual.dreamwidth.org/
And Wordpress: https://tothemarx.wordpress.com/
I haven't updated either in years, but maybe with the site shutting down I'll start posting again. At the least, I'll probably repost some of my more substantial Ferretbrain articles on one or both so folks can find them again if they so wish.
Michal on Ferret Blogroll
at 01:18 on 02-11-2018 - link
Been a while since I posted here, but my browser still remembers my password so hey!
Arthur B on Ferrets, Farewell!
at 02:09 on 01-11-2018 - link
To allow time for this process to happen and for people to add their details to the Blogroll, the site will remain accessible until the midday of 30th April 2019, UK time; at that point (or as soon as convenient afterwards) we’ll pull the plug.
Ashimbabbar on Ferrets, Farewell!
at 20:59 on 31-10-2018 - link
I didn't expect this… why, there's a lot of the earlier articles I haven't even read.
How long do we have before the site closes ?
- Arthur B on Ferrets, Farewell! at 00:48 on 31-10-2018 - link Thanks for the sentiment! Please keep farewell messages to the Playpen, though - I'm trying to gently discourage commenting except there and the Blogroll, in part so that conversation drifts elsewhere, thereby strengthening that decentralised network of ascended postferrets I was talking about. ;)
Ronan Wills on Ferrets, Farewell!
at 00:43 on 31-10-2018 - link
THE END OF AN ERA
I'm honoured to have contributed two articles to the site right before it wound down.
- Ronan Wills on Ferret Blogroll at 00:37 on 31-10-2018 - link My assorted writings can be found at Ronan's Internet Content Venue (ronanwills.com)
- Ichneumon on Ferret Blogroll at 00:19 on 31-10-2018 - link P.S. Message me on Twitter if you want my Discord info, as I am far more active there than I am on the surface web.
Ichneumon on Ferret Blogroll
at 00:16 on 31-10-2018 - link
Going forward, my anime reviews can be found here: http://themanime.org/credits.php?id=JM
My musical output, while not really especially relevant to what I would have posted here, may be found here: https://silenceandsecrecy.bandcamp.com/
Technically, I also have a Tumblr blog for longform analytical and discursive material, but I haven't updated that in literal years; conversely, while I've been scaling back my activity there a lot, I can be found on Twitter (@NotConvincing), although mostly I just reblog nonsense and complain about politics and/or people being Wrong on the Internet.
- Ichneumon on Black Wings: the Second Slap at 05:15 on 27-10-2018 - link Not much of substance to say here but I utterly adore Steve Rasnic Tem (who has produced some amazing work for Joshi elsewhere in “Crawldaddies” from Searchers After Horror) and Brian Evenson and have found no ill to speak of John Shirley, Melanie Tem or Caitlín R. Kiernan so this looks like a peach.
- Bill on I Swear I'm Not Trolling, This Movie's Actually Good at 23:40 on 24-10-2018 - link Nothing in either Troll movie could be as horrifying as the way you beat that "not the Hogwarts" joke to death.
Ronan Wills on I Swear I'm Not Trolling, This Movie's Actually Good
at 12:09 on 24-10-2018 - link
Despite knowing for ages about the existence of Troll 2, for some reason it never occurred to me until I read this article that there must have been an original Troll movie.
It actually sounds interesting, in a sort of Pan's Labyrinth-esque way.
- Arthur B on Hex Education, Shaw Brothers Style at 21:20 on 22-10-2018 - link Maybe, not seen that (it's sat in my to-watch pile at the moment).
- Ashimbabbar on Hex Education, Shaw Brothers Style at 20:09 on 22-10-2018 - link Soo basically it's a ripoff from Les Diaboliques ?
- Arthur B on The Family That Slays Together Stays Together at 02:34 on 19-10-2018 - link Deliberate on the part of Bugliosi or his publishers, no. I can't 100% rule out a layout person with a dark sense of humour going for it on realising that the book had close to the right amount of material.
Alice on The Family That Slays Together Stays Together
at 18:43 on 18-10-2018 - link
It’s a 666 page account
... was this deliberate on the part of the author/publishers? o_O
This book sounds fascinating, I’ll have to keep an eye out for it.
- Ronan Wills on The Family That Slays Together Stays Together at 14:41 on 18-10-2018 - link I just put this on my Amazon wishlist the other day. I guess I'll move it a few notches up the eternal queue.
- Arthur B on Gull's From Hell and John's From Glasgow at 00:22 on 18-10-2018 - link Thanks!
Bill on Gull's From Hell and John's From Glasgow
at 23:22 on 17-10-2018 - link
if the Jacobin movement could have persisted for decades based on a refusal to see the succession laws of the realm as legitimate,
I think you mean Jacobite; the Jacobins had a very different take on monarchical legitimism.