- The Greatest Empire That (maybe) Never Was a Novel Sören has dug up another gem of fantastic literature. Kalpa Imperial - The Greatest Empire That Never Was by Argentinian author Angélica Gorodischer is an ambitious piece. But what exactly is it?
- Funny, Complex, Imbalanced. Sören reads The Simoqin Prophecies by Samit Basu. He finds it a balancing act between (not quite) pratchettesque fun, deconstructionist fantasy and jabs at PCRPGs. Sometimes it feels like a crossover between The Elder Scrolls and Monkey Island, but it has its great moments, too.
- People are Insects Last year Ichneumon suggested that I read Leena Krohn's, Tainaron. Mail from Another City, if I'd like to experience a really fantastic journey. Et Voilà...
- These moths really weren't necessary Trying to get a hold of the "New Weird" Movement, Sören Heim started with a modern classic.
- The Grey Mane of not at all boring Still searching for unorthodox fantasy, Sören Heim found Joy Chant's The Grey Mane of Morning slow - but in the end very rewarding.
- The Dreamer in the Citadel by Esther Rochon The Dreamer in the Citadel by Quebecois writer Esther Rochon might be an overlooked masterpiece.
- 10:03, 07-01-2019 on Ferret Blogroll:
Sad to see this end, especially such a short time after I joined. Gonna repost my texts eventually on my own blog (<a href="http...permalink
- 11:39, 16-04-2018 on Funny, Complex, Imbalanced.:
There are surely better Pratchett novels, I chose the first because you could nicely compare the way a new world is presented. B...permalink
- 09:03, 09-01-2018 on Funny, Complex, Imbalanced.:
No, not off-putting at all. As I said, party brilliant, partly not as brilliant, still within the top 20-25% of all Fantasy I re...permalink
- 13:24, 06-01-2018 on The Greatest Empire That (maybe) Never Was a Novel:
Sure - Novel-like works composed from several shorter stories have been around for quite a while (Bocaccio, Goethe). What makes ...permalink
- 12:45, 02-01-2018 on Funny, Complex, Imbalanced.:
This is really one of those books I loved at times and hated it at others. In its better moments it shows what Fantasy can be if...permalink
- 19:46, 26-12-2017 on The Greatest Empire That (maybe) Never Was a Novel:
Oh, didn't see yours before, Arthur. And I really thought I knew every single article on this site due to a binge-read some year...permalink