- People are Insects Last year Ichneumon suggested that I read Leena Krohn's, Tainaron. Mail from Another City, if I'd like to experience a really fantastic journey. Et Voilà...
- These moths really weren't necessary Trying to get a hold of the "New Weird" Movement, Sören Heim started with a modern classic.
- The Grey Mane of not at all boring Still searching for unorthodox fantasy, Sören Heim found Joy Chant's The Grey Mane of Morning slow - but in the end very rewarding.
- The Dreamer in the Citadel by Esther Rochon The Dreamer in the Citadel by Quebecois writer Esther Rochon might be an overlooked masterpiece.
- 09:16, 11-01-2017 on People are Insects:
It's interesting but maybe really just free word-association... but it would be nice to find out if there is a connection betwee...permalink
- 09:16, 10-01-2017 on People are Insects:
I tried to read up on the etymology on russian wikipedia, but I cant make sense of the abreviations... anyhow it's pronounced "t...permalink
- 13:55, 08-04-2016 on These moths really weren't necessary:
It's just a bad marriage from the ground up.- Yes. I'd have loved to read some kind of Perdido-Stree... permalink
- 15:05, 05-04-2016 on These moths really weren't necessary:
Since I haven't read any of his others I can only judge from this book, but does it have to be about liking Isaac, or couldn't i...permalink
- 12:35, 05-04-2016 on These moths really weren't necessary:
To that extent I disagree that Mieville isn't into "show, don't tell" - the real problem is that he just tells us st...permalink
- 08:30, 21-02-2016 on One of These Siblings Is Not Like the Others:
The Kelanat/Golden People are definitely thereI don't doubt that, I'm just not sure wether I'... permalink