No relation to Dan H (although he was the first person Raymond read on this site), Raymond H currently teaches Middle School in Japan, though he aspires to be a novelist and translator (the fool). He's very thankful to be given the opportunity to contribute to this site and hopes to do well by the people here.
- Why Perfect Blue is Terrifying: An Addendum It's been one year since Super Eyepatch Wolf released Why Perfect Blue is Terrifying. So what better time for Raymond to start some shit by quibbling with one of his analytical idols?
- 2 Samuel 6:14 Black Robe is often thought of as the Canadian Dances with Wolves, but is the comparison apt? Raymond investigates.
- Barakamon: The Hardest Part of Making Art Raymond's debut article contemplates what a slice-of-life anime has to say about the artistic process.
at 00:37 on 21-05-2018
Happy belated greeting! (It's been a busy weekend)permalink
at 13:49 on 25-04-2018
Okay. Thanks! Argh, cherish the fact that you live in a country where you don't have to pay exorbitant shipping fees for a single English paperback. You don't know how good it is until it's go...permalink
at 22:58 on 24-04-2018
@Robinson: Thank you! I'm happy to be here. @Arthur: I have a question about Ramsey Campbell. I'm interested in reading him, but don't quite know which of his works is a good introduc...permalink
at 12:33 on 24-04-2018
Uh, hello. I'm Raymond, and I'm new here. Just thought I'd say hi.permalink
- 06:14, 21-05-2018 on Cronenberg's Cathode-Ray Puzzle Boxes:
I watched The Brood and I really liked it. You were right. Compared to Audition it was downright family-friend...permalink
- 00:36, 21-05-2018 on Why Perfect Blue is Terrifying: An Addendum:
Oh, thank you. "blush" Unfortunately I'm afraid I couldn't have met your request, as I'd never even heard the term folie ...permalink
- 13:09, 17-05-2018 on Cronenberg's Cathode-Ray Puzzle Boxes:
Heheh, fair enough. You'll have to wait a while though. Mid-terms AND sports festival are coming up at my school.permalink
- 11:21, 17-05-2018 on Cronenberg's Cathode-Ray Puzzle Boxes:
he may well have researched pink movies and the like for that purpose.That makes sense. I have onl... permalink
- 09:58, 17-05-2018 on Cronenberg's Cathode-Ray Puzzle Boxes:
Is it what it sounds like?More or less, yes. I thought it would fit with the themes you descr... permalink
- 11:00, 16-05-2018 on Cronenberg's Cathode-Ray Puzzle Boxes:
It's interesting your mentioning the internet, since your description of Videodrome sounds eerily similar to something a real-li...permalink