No relation to Dan H (although he was the first person Raymond read on this site), Raymond H currently teaches Middle School in Japan, though he aspires to be a novelist and translator (the fool). He's very thankful to be given the opportunity to contribute to this site and hopes to do well by the people here.
- F91 and the Problem with Gundam Pacifism Gundam F91 has all of the franchise's flaws and none of its strengths
- Kübler-Ross and Kore-eda: A Kontrast and Komparison The knature of grief is kwite kweer.
- Eromanga Sensei: Overrated Trash Raymond fulfills his promise to cover a romantic comedy by choosing the last romantic comedy you'd expect to find on this site
- A Successful Audition for the Darwin Award Or, why Shigeharu Aoyama is the stupidest horror movie protagonist Raymond has ever seen
- Why Perfect Blue is Terrifying: An Addendum It's been one year since Super Eyepatch Wolf released Why Perfect Blue is Terrifying. So what better time for Raymond to start some shit by quibbling with one of his analytical idols?
- 2 Samuel 6:14 Black Robe is often thought of as the Canadian Dances with Wolves, but is the comparison apt? Raymond investigates.
at 07:20 on 07-08-2018
Heya gang. Sorry for my recent bout of radio silence. Things have been quite busy, but thankfully they also seem to be looking up at last (knock on wood, God willing, and all that). Borderlink...permalink
at 10:57 on 26-07-2018
Okay, I finally have time to address everyone now, although I'm really tired (I've been up since 1:30 AM, and it's 6:30 PM now) and I have a sunburn and blisters and a lot of stuff going on. B...permalink
at 04:00 on 25-07-2018
AEON said no. And because I moved out on Saturday, I can't get a japanese driver's license until I get a new address on my residence card. I turned down the Altia interview to make room for li...permalink
at 13:31 on 20-07-2018
Sorry for the short post. I just wanted to give a quick update before I get packing. I'll give a better post and respond to everybody once I'm more settled. I had to say a lot of good...permalink
at 11:33 on 18-07-2018
I GOT A JOB! Sort of! Kind of! I still need to produce either an International Driver's Permit, a Japanese translation of my driver's license, or some form of documentation allowin...permalink
at 09:28 on 17-07-2018
But I found someone who can drive me to my friend's apartment in Tokyo, so I don't have to leave any of my stuff behind when I have to leave this company housing.permalink
- 07:28, 07-08-2018 on Hammer Rides Out:
I watched The Devil Rides Out today, and I wanted to find something to say that you haven't already written for this ar...permalink
- 11:01, 26-07-2018 on Video Clumsy: Don't Go In the Woods... Alone!:
Kind of. More specifically, the CCA was the result of the comics scare in the 50's after Seduction of the Innocent was ...permalink
- 12:33, 18-07-2018 on Video Clumsy: Don't Go In the Woods... Alone!:
Dang. Some of these cases seem worthy of the Comics Code Authority. Guess we're not so different after all, huh?permalink
- 06:05, 18-07-2018 on Video Clumsy: Don't Go In the Woods... Alone!:
I didn't know about the Video Nasty phenomenon until this article. I have to say, I find it somewhat bizarre. It always amazes m...permalink
- 02:23, 18-07-2018 on Hammer Rides Out:
Er... any chance of any of Mr. Wheatley's works being in the public domain and ripe for a Marx Brothers-style retelling/parody? ...permalink
- 06:46, 16-07-2018 on Bryan Fuller's Three-Course Meal (Not For Vegetarians):
Wait, Bryan Fuller as in Pushing Daisies Brian Fuller? Hm, I didn't really have much interest in Hannibal, but...permalink