No relation to Dan H (although he was the first person Raymond read on this site), Raymond H currently teaches Middle School in Japan, though he aspires to be a novelist and translator (the fool). He's very thankful to be given the opportunity to contribute to this site and hopes to do well by the people here.
- F91 and the Problem with Gundam Pacifism Gundam F91 has all of the franchise's flaws and none of its strengths
- Kübler-Ross and Kore-eda: A Kontrast and Komparison The knature of grief is kwite kweer.
- Eromanga Sensei: Overrated Trash Raymond fulfills his promise to cover a romantic comedy by choosing the last romantic comedy you'd expect to find on this site
- A Successful Audition for the Darwin Award Or, why Shigeharu Aoyama is the stupidest horror movie protagonist Raymond has ever seen
- Why Perfect Blue is Terrifying: An Addendum It's been one year since Super Eyepatch Wolf released Why Perfect Blue is Terrifying. So what better time for Raymond to start some shit by quibbling with one of his analytical idols?
- 2 Samuel 6:14 Black Robe is often thought of as the Canadian Dances with Wolves, but is the comparison apt? Raymond investigates.
at 11:33 on 18-07-2018
I GOT A JOB! Sort of! Kind of! I still need to produce either an International Driver's Permit, a Japanese translation of my driver's license, or some form of documentation allowin...permalink
at 09:28 on 17-07-2018
But I found someone who can drive me to my friend's apartment in Tokyo, so I don't have to leave any of my stuff behind when I have to leave this company housing.permalink
at 07:28 on 17-07-2018
I didn't get the job with Berlitz.permalink
at 07:42 on 16-07-2018
"misused and bloated", eh? I think that just about sums it up perfectly. :) It's no coincidence my father retired from the military as the conflict in the Middle East became more drawn out and...permalink
at 07:08 on 15-07-2018
Thanks. Just gotta keep moving forward...
A friend of mine in college who was thinking of joining made similar arguments, citing the Guantanamo Bay and Abu Ghraib whistleb...permalink
at 12:54 on 14-07-2018
Oh Jesus Christ. Four interviews in four days. I'm exhausted. But I'm still gonna give an update. I feel like the Berlitz and AEON interviews went well enough, but I'm too scared and ...permalink
- 12:33, 18-07-2018 on Video Clumsy: Don't Go In the Woods... Alone!:
Dang. Some of these cases seem worthy of the Comics Code Authority. Guess we're not so different after all, huh?permalink
- 06:05, 18-07-2018 on Video Clumsy: Don't Go In the Woods... Alone!:
I didn't know about the Video Nasty phenomenon until this article. I have to say, I find it somewhat bizarre. It always amazes m...permalink
- 02:23, 18-07-2018 on Hammer Rides Out:
Er... any chance of any of Mr. Wheatley's works being in the public domain and ripe for a Marx Brothers-style retelling/parody? ...permalink
- 06:46, 16-07-2018 on Bryan Fuller's Three-Course Meal (Not For Vegetarians):
Wait, Bryan Fuller as in Pushing Daisies Brian Fuller? Hm, I didn't really have much interest in Hannibal, but...permalink
- 06:26, 16-07-2018 on Why Perfect Blue is Terrifying: An Addendum:
Ohhh, okay! I was told the opposite, so when I watched the film in Japanese both times and failed to hear the switched voices I ...permalink
- 06:53, 15-07-2018 on F91 and the Problem with Gundam Pacifism:
Yeah, they're broken child soldiers, but they're broken in the same sense a lot of superheroes from the 90's were, i.e. "Crawlin...permalink