No relation to Dan H (although he was the first person Raymond read on this site), Raymond H currently teaches Middle School in Japan, though he aspires to be a novelist and translator (the fool). He's very thankful to be given the opportunity to contribute to this site and hopes to do well by the people here.
- Eromanga Sensei: Overrated Trash Raymond fulfills his promise to cover a romantic comedy by choosing the last romantic comedy you'd expect to find on this site
- A Successful Audition for the Darwin Award Or, why Shigeharu Aoyama is the stupidest horror movie protagonist Raymond has ever seen
- Why Perfect Blue is Terrifying: An Addendum It's been one year since Super Eyepatch Wolf released Why Perfect Blue is Terrifying. So what better time for Raymond to start some shit by quibbling with one of his analytical idols?
- 2 Samuel 6:14 Black Robe is often thought of as the Canadian Dances with Wolves, but is the comparison apt? Raymond investigates.
- Barakamon: The Hardest Part of Making Art Raymond's debut article contemplates what a slice-of-life anime has to say about the artistic process.
at 12:09 on 19-06-2018
Hey man, fandom! (shrugs) Okay. Yeah, I mean, I always knew that your fursona was meant to be a refection of yourself, but I never really realized how personal and meaningful the deci...permalink
at 12:45 on 18-06-2018
Yes, yes, I know. It's the straight ones you've got to watch out for an all that. I'm well aware of the Furred Reich, as it were. [adjusts monocle] You...have evidently given this a g...permalink
at 12:21 on 17-06-2018
Oh. Oh yeah. Enh, dang kids with yer Kinsey scales an' yer romantic orientations and whatnot. Back in my day it was just LGBT, now there's what, twenty different letters? I k...permalink
at 12:48 on 16-06-2018
Ah, sorry if I sounded harsh! It's just that when the role of historical homophobia comes up in conversation I often find people who are so used to the Christian, religious type of homophobia ...permalink
at 10:27 on 14-06-2018
Devoutly? That's...not the word I would have used. I mean, he wanted to be a Nichiren Buddhist priest before a fellow clergymen convinced him to write. And he was actually quite critical on th...permalink
at 10:49 on 13-06-2018
In all seriousness though, your condolences are appreciated. I don't think I'm going to be deported just yet, although I may be barred from the restaurant for life. Considering the two options...permalink
- 12:01, 25-06-2018 on Eromanga Sensei: Overrated Trash:
Yar. Thankee, boss.permalink
- 12:01, 25-06-2018 on Jim Jarmusch Via Germany, Part 2:
And I'm back! Sorry, I spent the weekend conferring with my sihing to make sure I didn't say anything foolish like last time.<br...permalink
- 09:03, 21-06-2018 on Eromanga Sensei: Overrated Trash:
Yes, I think you put it nicely like that. Man, you're a lot better at this than me. :)permalink
- 23:03, 20-06-2018 on Eromanga Sensei: Overrated Trash:
Yeah, I was having difficulty figuring out how to best phrase that sentence due to the presence of ace people. However, and this...permalink
- 11:04, 20-06-2018 on Eromanga Sensei: Overrated Trash:
Also! Content warning from the writer: If I haven't made it clear already, despite my attempts at keeping an open mind as a ...permalink
- 12:19, 19-06-2018 on Alan Moore's Yuggoth Pastiches:
Okay. I actually really love Innsmouth. It's one of my favorite Lovecraft stories, as it's one of the few ones by him t...permalink