Arthur started a blog (new defunct) initially to make fun of Dan getting a blog. And then started posting in it. Now he's trying to put his writing somewhere where people will actually see it.
- Miscavige Family Values Autobiographies about traumatic family lives get really weird when the family in question rules Scientology with an iron grip.
- Pirates Versus Wizards Simon the Sorcerer is a great example of why ripping off The Secret of Monkey Island is harder than it looks.
- Who Will Survive and What Will Be Left of Them? The Walking Dead reaches its full potential in a videogame which almost entirely ignores the franchise creator's story.
- A Glass of Dickness Part 2 of a survey of Philip K. Dick's output covers the ridiculous amount of stuff he wrote in 1953.
- Pedo Snore Screed of a Octafish Sheri S. Tepper's The Waters Rising is sufficient cause to fire the entire editorial staff at Gollancz and HarperCollins, and no credible SF or fantasy publisher should accept her work until she apologises for it.
- You, Blowhard Just because you're the devil doesn't mean you have to be an arse about it.
at 19:48 on 22-05-2013
Oh, I'm definitely much more lukewarm on Moffat these days than I was at the start of his run, and I agree that Davies' series arcs were a bit more varied. Moffat is at his least vari...permalink
at 15:44 on 22-05-2013
Oh, there's been good episodes of the New Who, but this is usually despite New Who's bad habits rather than because of them. And I can't think of a single season-long plot arc which doesn't bo...permalink
at 10:54 on 22-05-2013
The difference between Old Who and New Who, in iconic dialogue: OLD WHO DOCTOR: (Steps out of TARDIS.) Hi, I'm the Doctor and I'm here to help. LOCAL: Who are you? Why should ...permalink
at 21:49 on 21-05-2013
"Members of subculture based around literally looking like a clown on meth behave in a manner which lacks dignity" is not in any sense news. That doesn't stop <a href="http://okcupidj...permalink
at 19:37 on 15-05-2013
The yelp page is even more enjoyable if you flip the date sorting so it's oldest-first and read it like that, because it really underscores the fact that no, this isn't an act, they've been de...permalink
at 17:22 on 15-05-2013
Those people are just...kind of...scarily glorious? Or gloriously scary.I know, right? It's nice to see that Klaus Kinski is looking so well for a guy who's been ... permalink
- 09:12, 17-05-2013 on Quiz Night!:
I wish people would understand that human beings do not speak with correct punctuation. Unless my friend were introducing me to ...permalink
- 10:18, 15-05-2013 on Ho There Jim Lad:
I suspect in the long run they'll find that sort of fragmentation unsustainable, for much the same reason as consumers aren't ex...permalink
- 14:04, 14-05-2013 on Ho There Jim Lad:
Netflix have some interesting stats that demonstrate that when they set up their streaming service in a territory, BitTorrent us...permalink
- 13:00, 14-05-2013 on Ho There Jim Lad:
For an example, games that require you to be online to play them, despite having no multiplayer component. Red Alert...permalink
- 15:28, 13-05-2013 on Ho There Jim Lad:
If animal rights activists put together adverts that said "Meat is murder. Murder is against the law" you'd think th...permalink
- 15:12, 13-05-2013 on Ho There Jim Lad:
As with a lot of things, people don't necessarily care whether piracy is "theft" under the current local legal defin...permalink