Arthur started a blog (new defunct) initially to make fun of Dan getting a blog. And then started posting in it. Then he started posting stuff here instead. Then an alarming amount of time passed and he ended up as Ferretbrain's second editor after Wardog passed on the torch. He also maintains a blog at Refereeing & Reflection, where he drones on about roleplaying games in way more detail than a general audience would care about.
- Exhuming Phantasm, Part 2 Covering the two Phantasm sequels that actually had money.
- Exhuming Phantasm, Part 1 The original Phantasm from 1979 remains one of the most startlingly original horror movies of all time.
- Tales of the Cthulhu Mythos and Its Imitators, Part 7 S.T. Joshi turns out to be much better at compiling this sort of anthology than Robert M. Price ever was.
- Kickstopper: Punch Nazis and Feed Them To Cthulhu The Achtung! Cthulhu Kickstarter mashes up Nazi-bashing with Cthulhu investigation. It's an odd mix.
- Tales of the Cthulhu Mythos and Its Imitators, Part 6 Though not overtly billed as such, Robert M. Price's Acolytes of Cthulhu collection is basically "Tales of the Lovecraft Mythos/The New Lovecraft Circle Take Two".
- The Borderland Between Subgenres A William Hope Hodgson classic balances cosmic and psychological horror deftly.
at 22:11 on 02-10-2017
at 09:58 on 12-09-2017
Were anyone to write one, I'd be glad to publish.permalink
at 03:33 on 11-09-2017
I am working towards Kiernan in my coverage of Mythos stuff but it may be a while.permalink
at 10:36 on 08-09-2017
I haven't actually read any Copper to my recollection - might have to look into that. My understanding of Price's place in Lovecraft fandom is as follows: Phase 1: Fanzine/jo...permalink
at 15:45 on 27-08-2017
Joshi's reaction now is particularly odd given his reaction to Price's comments back in 2015:
Well, NecronomiCon Providence (August 20–23) has come and gone, and it ...permalink
at 15:29 on 27-08-2017
That Price said some obnoxious stuff that made him unwelcome as a convention speaker is not much of a surprise to me. The man is on the record as a hardcore Trumpist (a Shining Trumpezohedron,...permalink
- 21:51, 09-10-2017 on Tales of the Cthulhu Mythos and Its Imitators, Part 1:
That much makes sense, and of course Leiber was a contemporary of Lovecraft - but at the same time I taste more than a bit of th...permalink
- 21:37, 09-10-2017 on Agent Cooper, You Are Far Away:
I have heard it both ways and suspect there may be a local dialect thing going on there, but have corrected for the time being.permalink
- 11:03, 04-10-2017 on That's the Hell of It...:
Same here, it's a great funeral song.permalink
- 10:39, 03-10-2017 on 1984 for the 21st Century:
I contemplated whether or not to put this one in the Halloweenpalooza daily article grind but then realised that the entire conc...permalink
- 16:42, 01-10-2017 on I Wish I May, I Wish I Might, Find Someone Who'll Translate This Right:
I believe all English versions of The Last Wish were done by Danusia Stok, though <a href="http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/...permalink
- 00:45, 16-09-2017 on Kickstopper: First as Farce, Then as Tragedy:
Surprise update on this: Matt Sprange put out an update on the Kickstarter today <a href="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1...permalink