Arthur started a blog (new defunct) initially to make fun of Dan getting a blog. And then started posting in it. Then he started posting stuff here instead. Then an alarming amount of time passed and he ended up as Ferretbrain's second editor after Wardog passed on the torch. He also maintains a blog at Refereeing & Reflection, where he drones on about roleplaying games in way more detail than a general audience would care about.
- Underworld: Bit Awkward The fifth Underworld movie is a bit of a mess, even by the series' own dodgy standards.
- Kickstopper: USE CREDIT CARD with CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN Thimbleweed Park represents a welcome return of a winning team in point-and-click adventure design.
- Kickstopper: Big Trouble In CyberChina Shadowrun: Hong Kong is a textbook example of how you do videogame Kickstarters right.
- Fool Me Once, Dzyan On You... Tim Maroney's Book of Dzyan is a fascinating look at some classic Victorian charlatanry.
- "There Are Things Happening In This House..." Arrow Academy delivers a masterful compilation of work by Jacques Rivette, including his masterpiece Out 1.
- Kickstopper: Retconned Schemes Onyx Path's latest Werewolf release is mauled at birth by a familiar-but-different lupine hero from the past...
at 13:25 on 07-06-2017
We had a bit of downtime there due to a server upgrade - please poke if you notice any issues.permalink
at 11:36 on 23-05-2017
It definitely has that "newly made antique" look that was so inspirational to The Man In the High Castle.permalink
at 10:28 on 22-05-2017
I raised an eyebrow when the headline called her Dick's "muse", given that he put a lot of energy into demonising her. But then I saw that the text of the obituary acknowledges that, and she u...permalink
at 11:12 on 19-04-2017
(It has been noted that to log in and migrate to Dreamwidth you need to accept the new TOS. However, consider the following: - If you're just logging in to migrate your account and th...permalink
at 20:40 on 18-04-2017
Yeah, the people I know who have Livejournals all seem to be migrating them to Dreamwidth.permalink
at 13:16 on 07-04-2017
The Hugo nominations are out, and it looks like the Rabid Puppies/Sad Puppies more or less entirely failed to shit all over them this year. So far as I can find out, the Sad Puppies didn't eve...permalink
- 23:46, 24-06-2017 on Kickstopper: Retconned Schemes:
This is one of those things where having an entire supplement dedicated to the subject muddies the waters more than it actually ...permalink
- 14:11, 28-05-2017 on Kickstopper: That Is Not Dead Which Can Eternally Restructure (Part 2):
A bit of sad news: Chaosium just announced the death of Alan Bligh</...permalink
- 12:06, 06-04-2017 on Troy Had A Company:
Update: Troy has begun rolling out his Clear Lakes 44 replacement, ECKVA. Initially it was a bunch of mysterious ARG-y stuff at ...permalink
- 10:08, 03-04-2017 on Falling Down the Whirlpool at the End of the Sidewalk:
...it occurs to me, in fact, that the writers probably realised that they needed the coverup to retain Bruce's motivation for be...permalink
- 10:04, 03-04-2017 on Falling Down the Whirlpool at the End of the Sidewalk:
Yeah, that example totally makes sense as a "I am going to persuade you to join me in an incriminating crime so that your person...permalink
- 17:03, 30-03-2017 on I, Reader:
That's quite possible, now you mention it - though I think Asimov was a big enough name in the SF field by the time he did the o...permalink