Arthur started a blog (new defunct) initially to make fun of Dan getting a blog. And then started posting in it. Then he started posting stuff here instead. Then an alarming amount of time passed and he ended up as Ferretbrain's second editor after Wardog passed on the torch. He also maintains a blog at Refereeing & Reflection, where he drones on about roleplaying games in way more detail than a general audience would care about.
- Falling Down the Whirlpool at the End of the Sidewalk An overview of the BFI's Otto Preminger boxed set.
- The Fouling of the Howling It took just one sequel for what could have been an excellent werewolf series to be completely ruined.
- I Hate It When An Investigation Is Cut Sho- Chase: Cold Case Investigations - Distant Memories is disappointingly brief and ends abrup-
- The Films of Charles Dexter Ward Two Lovecraft adaptations, decades apart, both get it wrong in different ways.
- Machen Fairies Grim Again A look at the work of Arthur Machen, through the lens of Chaosium's classic three-volume collection of his weird fiction.
- Lovecraft's Last Apprentices Robert Bloch and Henry Kuttner went on to have distinguished writing careers after learning their craft at Grandpa Howard's knee.
at 11:12 on 19-04-2017
(It has been noted that to log in and migrate to Dreamwidth you need to accept the new TOS. However, consider the following: - If you're just logging in to migrate your account and th...permalink
at 20:40 on 18-04-2017
Yeah, the people I know who have Livejournals all seem to be migrating them to Dreamwidth.permalink
at 13:16 on 07-04-2017
The Hugo nominations are out, and it looks like the Rabid Puppies/Sad Puppies more or less entirely failed to shit all over them this year. So far as I can find out, the Sad Puppies didn't eve...permalink
at 16:10 on 05-04-2017
Where I could see the anthology model working is if they churned out a monthly Gotham/Bat Family anthology, Tales from the Green Lantern Corps anthology, mutants anthology, Spider ...permalink
at 11:59 on 05-04-2017
What are people's thoughts on this Marvel executive talking like diversity is killing their franchise? Obviously, the comment itself is dreadful, but it kind of reflects this deadful ...permalink
at 23:38 on 01-03-2017
- 12:06, 06-04-2017 on Troy Had A Company:
Update: Troy has begun rolling out his Clear Lakes 44 replacement, ECKVA. Initially it was a bunch of mysterious ARG-y stuff at ...permalink
- 10:08, 03-04-2017 on Falling Down the Whirlpool at the End of the Sidewalk:
...it occurs to me, in fact, that the writers probably realised that they needed the coverup to retain Bruce's motivation for be...permalink
- 10:04, 03-04-2017 on Falling Down the Whirlpool at the End of the Sidewalk:
Yeah, that example totally makes sense as a "I am going to persuade you to join me in an incriminating crime so that your person...permalink
- 17:03, 30-03-2017 on I, Reader:
That's quite possible, now you mention it - though I think Asimov was a big enough name in the SF field by the time he did the o...permalink
- 12:36, 27-03-2017 on I, Reader:
It's odd. In The Naked Sun it isn't really played up - Baley is more embarrassed and flustered by Gladia's behaviour than...permalink
- 01:43, 25-03-2017 on I, Reader:
Mrs Bailey is alive and well for both the other novels.permalink