Arthur started a blog (new defunct) initially to make fun of Dan getting a blog. And then started posting in it. Then he started posting stuff here instead. Then an alarming amount of time passed and he ended up as Ferretbrain's second editor after Wardog passed on the torch. He also maintains a blog at Refereeing & Reflection, where he drones on about roleplaying games in way more detail than a general audience would care about.
- Kickstopper: Back Book 2 KC Green and Andrew Clark run a damn tight ship as far as Kickstarters go.
- The Last Door: Worth Opening A point-and-click adventure with a horror theme that doesn't drop the ball horribly? Sign me up!
- Bryan Fuller's Three-Course Meal (Not For Vegetarians) As showrunner for Hannibal, Bryan Fuller took the Thomas Harris oeuvre and ran amok with it.
- Disciplined Anthologies The two Disciples of Cthulhu anthologies have a fine reputation. Is it merited?
- Alan Moore's Yuggoth Pastiches Here's that overview of Alan Moore's recent Cthulhu Mythos stuff you wanted. Mild content warning: Moore likes to use rape for shock value, there's extensive discussion of that here.
- Starry Wisdom, Vapid Songs Being an overview of the Cthulhu Mythos anthologies of Creation Books.
at 14:41 on 07-08-2018
There's a cross-section of Western wrestlers doing well in Japan right now - Kenny, Cody Rhodes, the Young Bucks, Will Ospreay, etc. (Plus there's a long history of Westerners doing a stint in...permalink
at 21:25 on 04-06-2018
I binged Aggretsuko over the weekend, it's pretty fun.permalink
at 10:29 on 01-06-2018
At the risk of sounding like an Internet grandpa... kids these days don't even know how to pirate right.permalink
at 12:08 on 29-05-2018
I'm reminded of the whole "Keikaku means plan" thing, which presumably came about because a fansubber was just very slightly too chicken to just plain use "plan" in that context.permalink
at 10:15 on 29-05-2018
My understanding (as someone who does not watch very much anime) is that dub quality with respect to anime has come forwards in leaps and bounds over recent years. I've been watching ...permalink
at 10:21 on 18-05-2018
Welcome back. :Dpermalink
- 15:50, 15-08-2018 on A Successful Audition for the Darwin Award:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that true of a lot of social commentary in fiction? I mean, that it shines a ligh...permalink
- 13:03, 18-07-2018 on Video Clumsy: Don't Go In the Woods... Alone!:
I admit I don't know much about the Comics Code Authority except that they stopped being a thing when the comics publishers real...permalink
- 08:20, 18-07-2018 on Video Clumsy: Don't Go In the Woods... Alone!:
Indeed there were - see for yourself here: https://en.wikipedia....permalink
- 12:02, 15-07-2018 on Why Perfect Blue is Terrifying: An Addendum:
As I understand it that's actually a goof in the English dub - it was meant to be Mima saying it but they had Rumi's voice actre...permalink
- 21:09, 08-07-2018 on Disciplined Anthologies:
I'd say they were more established as specifically Mythos authors; Leiber, you're correct, had enjoyed a much longer career, but...permalink
- 12:26, 08-07-2018 on F91 and the Problem with Gundam Pacifism:
So first off, for those of you who have never heard of Gundam or who know the name but don't know the details, the o...permalink