Arthur started a blog (new defunct) initially to make fun of Dan getting a blog. And then started posting in it. Then he started posting stuff here instead. Then an alarming amount of time passed and he ended up as Ferretbrain's second editor after Wardog passed on the torch. He also maintains a blog at Refereeing & Reflection, where he drones on about roleplaying games in way more detail than a general audience would care about.
- Satan's Infectious Taint Blood On Satan's Claw is - unfairly - the most overlooked of the three major "folk horror" movies of the late 1960s/early 1970s.
- (Mythos) Monster In My Pocket! Cthulhu Chronicles is a flawed mobile game with potential.
- When Tourists Visit Goatswood... Enjoying a particularly good Ramsey Campbell tribute anthology.
- Bernard the Storyteller Andy Collins might be the author of The Black Alchemist, but someone entirely different devised the story...
- Phillips & Keatman, Questers Extraordinaire Being a review of two seminal texts in the curious microgenre of "psychic questing".
- Ænigmatic and Œverlooked A look at a downright bizarre late-career Lucio Fulci movie.
at 17:24 on 02-10-2018
In that case I'll bring some more paranormal-related stories further up the queue. :Dpermalink
at 17:59 on 01-10-2018
October's here which means it's time to get spoopy! Web hosting and DNS are paid up fully so we should be safe from outages. This year I'm going to mix it up a bit by weaving in some articles ...permalink
at 14:41 on 07-08-2018
There's a cross-section of Western wrestlers doing well in Japan right now - Kenny, Cody Rhodes, the Young Bucks, Will Ospreay, etc. (Plus there's a long history of Westerners doing a stint in...permalink
at 21:25 on 04-06-2018
I binged Aggretsuko over the weekend, it's pretty fun.permalink
at 10:29 on 01-06-2018
At the risk of sounding like an Internet grandpa... kids these days don't even know how to pirate right.permalink
at 12:08 on 29-05-2018
I'm reminded of the whole "Keikaku means plan" thing, which presumably came about because a fansubber was just very slightly too chicken to just plain use "plan" in that context.permalink
- 14:51, 11-10-2018 on Phillips & Keatman, Questers Extraordinaire:
(I'd argue that paranormal "investigators" like John Keel in The Mothman Prophecies were doing exactly this, just wi...permalink
- 21:59, 08-10-2018 on Save vs. Libel, Pt. 2: The Rumour Dies, the Scars Remain:
I don't know whether it's an actual upsurge or whether it's that the existing TERFs out there are just being louder; I'm not awa...permalink
- 10:28, 03-10-2018 on Always Be Purging:
There is presumably also an industry in paid mercenaries to protect you or valuable property from Purgers - with their payment h...permalink
- 17:34, 02-10-2018 on Always Be Purging:
I guess they *could* set things up so absolutely no commercial transactions within, into, or out of the US can happen on Purge N...permalink
- 17:22, 02-10-2018 on Always Be Purging:
Yeah, I'm not seeing how that stops someone with sufficient access to just hack a bank's accounts ledger and give themselves an ...permalink
- 13:32, 02-10-2018 on Always Be Purging:
I am bugged beyond all reason to hear that there's a rule that you can't target government high-ups during the Purge. It massive...permalink