Arthur started a blog (new defunct) initially to make fun of Dan getting a blog. And then started posting in it. Then he started posting stuff here instead. Then an alarming amount of time passed and he ended up as Ferretbrain's second editor after Wardog passed on the torch. He also maintains a blog at Refereeing & Reflection, where he drones on about roleplaying games in way more detail than a general audience would care about.
- Lovecraft's Last Apprentices Robert Bloch and Henry Kuttner went on to have distinguished writing careers after learning their craft at Grandpa Howard's knee.
- The Sophisticated Soavi Michele Soavi's four major feature films represent a late high water mark for Italian horror.
- When He's Right He's Right, When He's Wrong He's Frank Belknap Wrong Frank Belknap Long is mostly known as a friend of Lovecraft's, but is his own writing any good?
- Lumley's Little Bites A cross-section of Brian Lumley's short stories reveals a career more diverse than Cthulhu Mythos rehashes and endless Necroscope sequels.
- We've Had This 2017 Before Don't look now, but we're all living inside The Running Man.
- Kickstopper: That Is Not Dead Which Can Eternally Restructure (Part 2) The second part of the autopsy of the Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition Kickstarter, in which I actually discuss the products delivered.
at 08:43 on 20-01-2017
That all sounds interesting!permalink
at 16:48 on 07-01-2017
I don't know - setting aside Anna Foerster's butt preferences, there may well have been orders from on high to ensure a certain level of butt shots. The Underworld folk know their audie...permalink
at 17:25 on 06-01-2017
I need to see when it's coming out here so I can indulge my secret shame (which very much isn't secret and I'm not really ashamed of).permalink
- at 23:13 on 03-01-2017 permalink
at 13:46 on 23-12-2016
It is a possibility. I may wait until he's done with it and moved on to some new hobby horse so I can do the whole lot at once.permalink
at 18:30 on 11-11-2016
Adrienne: I have just e-mailed you something! Thought I would mention it here in case the e-mail associated with your Ferretbrain account isn't good any more.permalink
- 10:58, 22-02-2017 on Lumley's Little Bites:
No need - I don't feel like I'm missing out horrendously from not having read it. Looking at The Taint, it's a c...permalink
- 13:59, 19-02-2017 on Lumley's Little Bites:
I think it was a combination of the Necroscope series losing my interest and the Titus Crow novels being rage-inducingly bad.permalink
- 17:00, 27-01-2017 on The Self-Hating Pantomime:
Bruce Wayne having to deal with the fact that Alfred is mortal and, even assuming the best possible outcomes, is near-certain to...permalink
- 21:23, 26-01-2017 on The Self-Hating Pantomime:
Batman and Robin certainly didn't make a loss, but it was the least profitable of that run of Batman films to the ...permalink
- 21:23, 20-01-2017 on It Looks Xothic, But Is Really So Thin...:
True enough; you just have to look at the Ballantine Adult Fantasy lineup to see that Carter had great taste when it came to oth...permalink
- 14:56, 17-01-2017 on Dermore I See Of Him, Derleth I Like:
A little addendum: in poking about the excellent Eldritch Dark website - more or less the ...permalink