Arthur started a blog (new defunct) initially to make fun of Dan getting a blog. And then started posting in it. Then he started posting stuff here instead. Then an alarming amount of time passed and he ended up as Ferretbrain's second editor after Wardog passed on the torch. He also maintains a blog at Refereeing & Reflection, where he drones on about roleplaying games in way more detail than a general audience would care about.
- 2017-10-29 20:38 - Shadows Over the Anthology - link It's the Mandela Effect in action, is what it is.
- 2017-10-09 21:51 - Tales of the Cthulhu Mythos and Its Imitators, Part 1 - link That much makes sense, and of course Leiber was a contemporary of Lovecraft - but at the same time I taste more than a bit of the 1970s Leiber in the actual writing. Given the long gestation time I can't believe that the story we finally got in 1976 resemb...
- 2017-10-09 21:37 - Agent Cooper, You Are Far Away - link I have heard it both ways and suspect there may be a local dialect thing going on there, but have corrected for the time being.
- 2017-10-04 11:03 - That's the Hell of It... - link Same here, it's a great funeral song.
- 2017-10-03 10:39 - 1984 for the 21st Century - link I contemplated whether or not to put this one in the Halloweenpalooza daily article grind but then realised that the entire concept is about wearing other people's lives like a costume, so there's that. :)
- 2017-10-01 16:42 - I Wish I May, I Wish I Might, Find Someone Who'll Translate This Right - link I believe all English versions of The Last Wish were done by Danusia Stok, though apparently from the third book in the series onwards she was replaced by someone else.
- 2017-09-16 00:45 - Kickstopper: First as Farce, Then as Tragedy - link Surprise update on this: Matt Sprange put out an update on the Kickstarter today announcing that Mongoose now considered Ultraviolent to be a dead project. ...
- 2017-08-31 13:14 - I, Whedon - link It feels timely to dust this one off since this wave just broke. To be fair, by this point even the...
- 2017-08-10 13:26 - The Sequel of Shannara - link It sounds like they have given themselves a lot of creative freedom with it, which is absolutely fine by me - everything you cite is a massive improvement over the book.
- 2017-08-09 16:03 - Ferretnibble 3 - Two Different Frontiers, One Class, and Four Text Adventures - link Cross-article connection: Hitler's admiration for Karl May westerns is featured in the last Colonel Pyat book.
2017-08-08 20:45 - Ferretnibble 3 - Two Different Frontiers, One Class, and Four Text Adventures -
Well, it probably would, if I had an evil sibling or colleague who wanted to ruin my online reputation by impersonating me, or something.Then they wouldn't be random though. ;)
- 2017-08-08 10:32 - Ferretnibble 3 - Two Different Frontiers, One Class, and Four Text Adventures - link I am satisfied that neither solution would be guessable to a random opportunist. :)
- 2017-08-07 21:33 - Ferretnibble 3 - Two Different Frontiers, One Class, and Four Text Adventures - link Cheriola: just got a password reset request for your account. Are you able to post the first three characters of that e-mail address here to reassure me that the request is from you and not some sneaky hijacker?
- 2017-08-05 15:39 - I, Reader - link Ken MacLeod did a fun novel where as soon as Singularitarian-style AI happened, the AIs immediately built a spaceship and transferred themselves to the atmosphere of Jupiter, because they found that floating about in an effectively unlimited supply of hydr...
2017-08-05 15:20 - Ferretnibble 3 - Two Different Frontiers, One Class, and Four Text Adventures -
A little aside on that topic: The prefered spelling is "trans women". Making it a noun is considered somewhat othering, just like "the gays" instead of "gay people" or "Blacks" instead of "people of colour".Than...
- 2017-08-04 17:13 - Ferretnibble 3 - Two Different Frontiers, One Class, and Four Text Adventures - link Re: Password - are you still using the e-mail you originally registered with? If so I can get a password reset done for you fairly quickly and painlessly. Re: the actual content of your post - very interesting. Sadly, I suspect the extrem...