Arthur started a blog (new defunct) initially to make fun of Dan getting a blog. And then started posting in it. Then he started posting stuff here instead. Then an alarming amount of time passed and he ended up as Ferretbrain's second editor after Wardog passed on the torch. He also maintains a blog at Refereeing & Reflection, where he drones on about roleplaying games in way more detail than a general audience would care about.
- at 11:36 on 23-05-2017 link It definitely has that "newly made antique" look that was so inspirational to The Man In the High Castle.
- at 10:28 on 22-05-2017 link I raised an eyebrow when the headline called her Dick's "muse", given that he put a lot of energy into demonising her. But then I saw that the text of the obituary acknowledges that, and she used the term herself, which I guess shows who took the high road there.
- at 11:12 on 19-04-2017 link (It has been noted that to log in and migrate to Dreamwidth you need to accept the new TOS. However, consider the following: - If you're just logging in to migrate your account and then delete it from LJ, then boom, job done. The new TOS can only be used to police what you post on LJ's own service, once you've migrated away from there then that's that. - Although worrying about the authorities in Russia poking about in your LJ is a genuine risk, let's be realistic: even if the FSB were int...
- at 20:40 on 18-04-2017 link Yeah, the people I know who have Livejournals all seem to be migrating them to Dreamwidth.
- at 13:16 on 07-04-2017 link The Hugo nominations are out, and it looks like the Rabid Puppies/Sad Puppies more or less entirely failed to shit all over them this year. So far as I can find out, the Sad Puppies didn't even put out a slate. The Rabid Puppies did, but it was of limited effect: several categories have no Rapid finalists at all, and there's no category which is dominated by Rabid Pups, so there'll be healthy competition all round even after people have duly placed the pup candidates beneath "NO AWARD". In the Best...
at 16:10 on 05-04-2017
Where I could see the anthology model working is if they churned out a monthly Gotham/Bat Family anthology, Tales from the Green Lantern Corps anthology, mutants anthology, Spider Family anthology, Asgard anthology, Atlantis anthology, etc. I imagine some of the others would be a bit more difficult to categorize, but I'm sure you could do it with a bit of creativity, and the many team books (Justice League, Avengers, Titans ...) could easily be geared to supporting this model.<...
- at 11:59 on 05-04-2017 link What are people's thoughts on this Marvel executive talking like diversity is killing their franchise? Obviously, the comment itself is dreadful, but it kind of reflects this deadful bind that Marvel are in here. The problem is that the stock-in-trade of a superhero franchise is iconic characters, and modifying a large roster of iconic characters puts you in a catch-22. On the one hand, if they take an existing character and change them up to introduce more diversity, then they end up losi...
- at 23:38 on 01-03-2017 link Thanks!
- at 08:43 on 20-01-2017 link That all sounds interesting!
- at 16:48 on 07-01-2017 link I don't know - setting aside Anna Foerster's butt preferences, there may well have been orders from on high to ensure a certain level of butt shots. The Underworld folk know their audience, after all. But if you don't remember that many, then there probably aren't any as blatant as "Selene strides through a door whilst the camera crawls along behind her at butt level" from the first movie or "Selene crawls through a duct whilst the camera crawls along behind her at butt level" from Awaken...
- at 17:25 on 06-01-2017 link I need to see when it's coming out here so I can indulge my secret shame (which very much isn't secret and I'm not really ashamed of).
- at 23:13 on 03-01-2017 link Insane Clown Posse are going to march on Washington.
- at 13:46 on 23-12-2016 link It is a possibility. I may wait until he's done with it and moved on to some new hobby horse so I can do the whole lot at once.
- at 18:30 on 11-11-2016 link Adrienne: I have just e-mailed you something! Thought I would mention it here in case the e-mail associated with your Ferretbrain account isn't good any more.
- at 22:45 on 10-11-2016 link Chainsawsuit nails it with their response to the Trumptastrophe.
- at 23:33 on 29-10-2016 link Chuck Tingle and Zoe Quinn have a Kickstarter going.