Sonia claims that she'd like to be a Clint Eastwood character when she grows up. Not the one with the pet orang-utan though.
- Not So Shiny By Light Alone fails to dazzle Sonia.
- What Kind of Park *is* This? Westworld sees a number of Sonia's interests colliding.
- Where Eagles Dare Remote castles accessible only by cable-car are no match for Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood.
- Stalag of the Flies Stalag 17 may not have a lot to say about the Nazis, but it has plenty of insights into human nature
- Matthew Reilly Hits the Exclamation Mark. Bam! Reading his books is bad for you, and your friends will judge you. Nevertheless, Sonia adores Matthew Reilly.
- Another Last Chance to See Sonia finds out whether learning about conservation can work as light entertainment.
at 01:23 on 19-09-2014
Alison Bechdel has been awarded a MacArthur Fellowship (aka genius grant). That's pret...permalink
at 19:08 on 16-09-2014
Sorry, bad brain moment. I thought it was Wednesday today.permalink
at 18:55 on 16-09-2014
The referendum hasn't been held yet. It's on Friday, with results expected Saturday morning.permalink
at 13:52 on 12-07-2014
Oh yeah, html. Right. Transformers passports.permalink
at 13:50 on 12-07-2014
Latest odd news from the Isle of Wight - passports for tourists sponsored by Transformers. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND. I WANT A ROBOT FERRY AND THIS UNDERLINES THAT I DO NOT HAVE A ROBOT FE...permalink
at 18:59 on 25-06-2014
Re: Oscar Wilde - I think The Happy Prince would be the poster boy for nice guy syndrome. He gave up all his gold and jewels and all he got was crummy posthumous recognition. The spar...permalink
- 15:18, 22-09-2014 on A Rowling In the Nest:
Ok, that makes it more tempting to try the next one, particularly combined with your very positive review. Re The ...permalink
- 23:28, 20-08-2014 on A Rowling In the Nest:
This was on sale in the Kindle store for £1.99 so I've finally read it, and I agree with most of this review. Despite the v...permalink
- 21:49, 14-08-2014 on Matthew Reilly Hits the Exclamation Mark. Bam!:
Hmm, could be something in that. Maybe there's some kind of Axe Cop arrangement.permalink
- 22:15, 13-08-2014 on Matthew Reilly Hits the Exclamation Mark. Bam!:
Re Temple, it's been while since I read it but that main issue I remember was what the hell the rapas (big cats) were e...permalink
- 10:50, 21-01-2014 on Hill's Muted Failure:
My local Poundland is carrying copies of this, so I figured why not? I got through this, so it did better than Hear...permalink
- 18:04, 23-12-2013 on The Stereotype Business:
Interesting article. As I manage a toy/gift shop (albeit in a specific niche) I'm a bit biased and will try not to wade in ...permalink