Sonia claims that she'd like to be a Clint Eastwood character when she grows up. Not the one with the pet orang-utan though.
- Not So Shiny By Light Alone fails to dazzle Sonia.
- What Kind of Park *is* This? Westworld sees a number of Sonia's interests colliding.
- Where Eagles Dare Remote castles accessible only by cable-car are no match for Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood.
- Stalag of the Flies Stalag 17 may not have a lot to say about the Nazis, but it has plenty of insights into human nature
- Matthew Reilly Hits the Exclamation Mark. Bam! Reading his books is bad for you, and your friends will judge you. Nevertheless, Sonia adores Matthew Reilly.
- Another Last Chance to See Sonia finds out whether learning about conservation can work as light entertainment.
at 20:56 on 16-10-2013
And now, some kangaroo news.permalink
at 20:03 on 18-09-2013
Aside from the ape-man super soldiers that sounds exactly like every other Matt Reilly book.Well, 'slim volume' threw me off a bit. Usually his books have to... permalink
at 21:54 on 21-06-2013
I enjoyed For The Win. I was a bit wary, it being the first of Doctorow's books I'd read, but I'd pick up another. It was nowhere near as self-indulgent as I'd been expecting.permalink
at 00:03 on 31-01-2013
Well, at least they let us keep the capital B in FerretBrain. (Except when <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Araminta_Statio...permalink
at 00:02 on 14-11-2012
Not quite hot off the press, but I am loving Underwater Dogs.permalink
at 14:21 on 31-10-2012
Computers may soon write novels, says bloke. This raises important questions such as 'is it really...permalink
- 22:04, 22-11-2013 on Return to the Island of the Apes:
Well, now I'm just disappointed. Cyber gorillas sounded like a great Reilly tool. I was greatly cheered by the summary ...permalink
- 19:53, 06-02-2013 on Ferretbrain Presents: The Complete Works of Shakespeare Episode 0 - Introduction:
Yesterday I was chatting to one of the chaps behind What On Earth Books, who make rat...permalink
- 20:08, 28-01-2013 on Not So Shiny:
I'm confused by your use of the phrase "decent premise" here. Surely you mean "mindbendingly stupid premise...permalink
- 23:40, 16-01-2013 on Ferretbrain Presents: The Complete Works of Shakespeare Episode 10 - Coriolanus:
Yay, I'm special. I've been looking for an occasion to wear my Gown of Humility.permalink
- 11:07, 20-12-2012 on Ferretbrain Presents: The Complete Works of Shakespeare Episode 9 - As You Like It:
Sorry, I was lazy.No, you were clear. I just find it interesting that - with the wind in the ... permalink
- 14:26, 19-12-2012 on Ferretbrain Presents: The Complete Works of Shakespeare Episode 9 - As You Like It:
Mid-listen: technically there were lions in Britain, but cave lions went extinct about, what, 8000BC? So unless the...permalink