Sonia claims that she'd like to be a Clint Eastwood character when she grows up. Not the one with the pet orang-utan though.
- Catharsis by Rabbit Rabbityness is a touching picture book about loss and creativity.
- Not So Shiny By Light Alone fails to dazzle Sonia.
- What Kind of Park *is* This? Westworld sees a number of Sonia's interests colliding.
- Where Eagles Dare Remote castles accessible only by cable-car are no match for Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood.
- Stalag of the Flies Stalag 17 may not have a lot to say about the Nazis, but it has plenty of insights into human nature
- Matthew Reilly Hits the Exclamation Mark. Bam! Reading his books is bad for you, and your friends will judge you. Nevertheless, Sonia adores Matthew Reilly.
at 16:38 on 04-01-2015
That's exactly what it is. Funnily enough, I have a Jurassic Park article half-completed anyway. I think I may need to buy this book as additional research.permalink
at 15:31 on 04-01-2015
Oh man, a novel due on 12th Feb is hitting my interests. It's a monster book! Set in a zoo! Written by Matthew Rei...permalink
at 00:17 on 13-12-2014
I also have one - Catharsis By Rabbit, article 982. It's not time-sensitive though, so after Christmas is fine by me. In festive news, I wish <a href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-eng...permalink
at 19:07 on 29-10-2014
I can't think of a single instance where a Victorian era (or style, in the case of some fantasy) mental institution wasn't filled with staff that's wilfully malvolent and abusive. ...permalink
at 16:41 on 02-10-2014
I think there's also an added burden of responsibility (morally rather than legally) when you're actually selling the content, as opposed to making it available as a historical resource. If yo...permalink
at 01:23 on 19-09-2014
Alison Bechdel has been awarded a MacArthur Fellowship (aka genius grant). That's pret...permalink
- 15:07, 24-01-2015 on Catharsis by Rabbit:
Child's Play are great publishers. I like that they're not afraid to publish charmingly odd work that's at a simple reading leve...permalink
- 21:33, 14-12-2014 on J.K. Rowling's Naked Lunch:
Ha, yes indeed. And I do agree that it's accurate for a certain type of writer. I just can't help feeling that (in any fiel...permalink
- 00:45, 13-12-2014 on J.K. Rowling's Naked Lunch:
I've now managed to read this and also enjoyed it a lot. I thought the portrayal of the self-published author was rathe...permalink
- 15:18, 22-09-2014 on A Rowling In the Nest:
Ok, that makes it more tempting to try the next one, particularly combined with your very positive review. Re The ...permalink
- 23:28, 20-08-2014 on A Rowling In the Nest:
This was on sale in the Kindle store for £1.99 so I've finally read it, and I agree with most of this review. Despite the v...permalink
- 21:49, 14-08-2014 on Matthew Reilly Hits the Exclamation Mark. Bam!:
Hmm, could be something in that. Maybe there's some kind of Axe Cop arrangement.permalink