Sonia claims that she'd like to be a Clint Eastwood character when she grows up. Not the one with the pet orang-utan though.
She tweets at @UnrealSonia
- Cakes on a Train Kenneth Brannagh travels in style on the Orient Express.
- Catharsis by Rabbit Rabbityness is a touching picture book about loss and creativity.
- Not So Shiny By Light Alone fails to dazzle Sonia.
- What Kind of Park *is* This? Westworld sees a number of Sonia's interests colliding.
- Where Eagles Dare Remote castles accessible only by cable-car are no match for Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood.
- Stalag of the Flies Stalag 17 may not have a lot to say about the Nazis, but it has plenty of insights into human nature
at 16:38 on 04-01-2015
That's exactly what it is. Funnily enough, I have a Jurassic Park article half-completed anyway. I think I may need to buy this book as additional research.permalink
at 15:31 on 04-01-2015
Oh man, a novel due on 12th Feb is hitting my interests. It's a monster book! Set in a zoo! Written by Matthew Rei...permalink
at 00:17 on 13-12-2014
I also have one - Catharsis By Rabbit, article 982. It's not time-sensitive though, so after Christmas is fine by me. In festive news, I wish <a href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-eng...permalink
at 19:07 on 29-10-2014
I can't think of a single instance where a Victorian era (or style, in the case of some fantasy) mental institution wasn't filled with staff that's wilfully malvolent and abusive. ...permalink
at 16:41 on 02-10-2014
I think there's also an added burden of responsibility (morally rather than legally) when you're actually selling the content, as opposed to making it available as a historical resource. If yo...permalink
at 01:23 on 19-09-2014
Alison Bechdel has been awarded a MacArthur Fellowship (aka genius grant). That's pret...permalink
- 20:10, 10-01-2018 on Cakes on a Train:
Thanks, Arthur. It’s been far too long. The Johnny Depp think did occur to me. It’s a good performance but ...permalink
- 20:21, 22-11-2015 on Not Just "Goin' Through the Motions":
Rowling seems to enjoy writing about odd people from the internet. Which I guess makes sense given how many of them she's undoub...permalink
- 19:53, 22-11-2015 on We Apologise For the Inconvenience:
Welcome back! And I'm glad that Wardog's reasons for stepping back are good happy reasons.permalink
- 00:21, 21-04-2015 on Matthew Reilly Hits the Exclamation Mark. Bam!:
Much as I hate to admit it, The Great Zoo of China was less fun than I'd been expecting. The dragons were bad...permalink
- 13:11, 09-03-2015 on Matthew Reilly Hits the Exclamation Mark. Bam!:
He did the same in Seven Ancient Wonders, with characters mentioning The Da Vinci Code as they skulked around ...permalink
- 23:37, 08-03-2015 on Matthew Reilly Hits the Exclamation Mark. Bam!:
I forgot this was out! Definitely at the top of my must-buy list.
>It really is "Jurassic Park, only in...permalink