Sonia claims that she'd like to be a Clint Eastwood character when she grows up. Not the one with the pet orang-utan though.
- Not So Shiny By Light Alone fails to dazzle Sonia.
- What Kind of Park *is* This? Westworld sees a number of Sonia's interests colliding.
- Where Eagles Dare Remote castles accessible only by cable-car are no match for Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood.
- Stalag of the Flies Stalag 17 may not have a lot to say about the Nazis, but it has plenty of insights into human nature
- Matthew Reilly Hits the Exclamation Mark. Bam! Reading his books is bad for you, and your friends will judge you. Nevertheless, Sonia adores Matthew Reilly.
- Another Last Chance to See Sonia finds out whether learning about conservation can work as light entertainment.
at 18:58 on 01-02-2014
Huh, I got one of those for our domain at work. Sounds like the exact same wording. Subject line "A quick question about sponsored content for ___.com"? I'm not going to reply. I...permalink
at 00:02 on 19-01-2014
but yeah it's that whole gatekeeping thing that confuses me the most about nerd subculture. As if "nerd" is some coveted identity that people have to earnYe... permalink
at 21:09 on 24-12-2013
And yet it's an actual real shop, not just a dodgy website. I drove past it a couple of weeks ago. I will concede that it is on the same road as an established Doctor Who shop (but I'...permalink
at 18:24 on 23-12-2013
Apropos of nothing, a Steampunk shop has opened in my town. It's an actual shop you can go to. I'm so confused. I can't see how that can possibl...permalink
- at 13:18 on 18-12-2013 permalink
at 18:16 on 17-12-2013
Equally, though, aren't action figures just as overpriced as dolls are?Absolutely. I was just thinking about the bit in the article that said parent were wat... permalink
- 10:50, 21-01-2014 on Hill's Muted Failure:
My local Poundland is carrying copies of this, so I figured why not? I got through this, so it did better than Hear...permalink
- 18:04, 23-12-2013 on The Stereotype Business:
Interesting article. As I manage a toy/gift shop (albeit in a specific niche) I'm a bit biased and will try not to wade in ...permalink
- 22:04, 22-11-2013 on Return to the Island of the Apes:
Well, now I'm just disappointed. Cyber gorillas sounded like a great Reilly tool. I was greatly cheered by the summary ...permalink
- 19:53, 06-02-2013 on Ferretbrain Presents: The Complete Works of Shakespeare Episode 0 - Introduction:
Yesterday I was chatting to one of the chaps behind What On Earth Books, who make rat...permalink
- 20:08, 28-01-2013 on Not So Shiny:
I'm confused by your use of the phrase "decent premise" here. Surely you mean "mindbendingly stupid premise...permalink
- 23:40, 16-01-2013 on Ferretbrain Presents: The Complete Works of Shakespeare Episode 10 - Coriolanus:
Yay, I'm special. I've been looking for an occasion to wear my Gown of Humility.permalink