Sonia claims that she'd like to be a Clint Eastwood character when she grows up. Not the one with the pet orang-utan though.
- Not So Shiny By Light Alone fails to dazzle Sonia.
- What Kind of Park *is* This? Westworld sees a number of Sonia's interests colliding.
- Where Eagles Dare Remote castles accessible only by cable-car are no match for Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood.
- Stalag of the Flies Stalag 17 may not have a lot to say about the Nazis, but it has plenty of insights into human nature
- Matthew Reilly Hits the Exclamation Mark. Bam! Reading his books is bad for you, and your friends will judge you. Nevertheless, Sonia adores Matthew Reilly.
- Another Last Chance to See Sonia finds out whether learning about conservation can work as light entertainment.
at 19:07 on 29-10-2014
I can't think of a single instance where a Victorian era (or style, in the case of some fantasy) mental institution wasn't filled with staff that's wilfully malvolent and abusive. ...permalink
at 16:41 on 02-10-2014
I think there's also an added burden of responsibility (morally rather than legally) when you're actually selling the content, as opposed to making it available as a historical resource. If yo...permalink
at 01:23 on 19-09-2014
Alison Bechdel has been awarded a MacArthur Fellowship (aka genius grant). That's pret...permalink
at 19:08 on 16-09-2014
Sorry, bad brain moment. I thought it was Wednesday today.permalink
at 18:55 on 16-09-2014
The referendum hasn't been held yet. It's on Friday, with results expected Saturday morning.permalink
at 13:52 on 12-07-2014
Oh yeah, html. Right. Transformers passports.permalink
- 15:18, 22-09-2014 on A Rowling In the Nest:
Ok, that makes it more tempting to try the next one, particularly combined with your very positive review. Re The ...permalink
- 23:28, 20-08-2014 on A Rowling In the Nest:
This was on sale in the Kindle store for £1.99 so I've finally read it, and I agree with most of this review. Despite the v...permalink
- 21:49, 14-08-2014 on Matthew Reilly Hits the Exclamation Mark. Bam!:
Hmm, could be something in that. Maybe there's some kind of Axe Cop arrangement.permalink
- 22:15, 13-08-2014 on Matthew Reilly Hits the Exclamation Mark. Bam!:
Re Temple, it's been while since I read it but that main issue I remember was what the hell the rapas (big cats) were e...permalink
- 10:50, 21-01-2014 on Hill's Muted Failure:
My local Poundland is carrying copies of this, so I figured why not? I got through this, so it did better than Hear...permalink
- 18:04, 23-12-2013 on The Stereotype Business:
Interesting article. As I manage a toy/gift shop (albeit in a specific niche) I'm a bit biased and will try not to wade in ...permalink