- Educating Vitae In which choices are explored, people do things they know to be bad, blood is unhelpfully like sex, and there are altogether too many types of vampire.
- Beasts in Crinoline Or, how Kim Newman sold the same story twice.
- Wings of Love(craft) In which Shim enjoys about half an anthology, quibbles terminology, is predictably mean about stuff that appears suspiciously literary, and makes no song references whatsoever.
- Going Underground In which Shim battles monsters in the shadow-haunted depths, frees the people from a hideous blight upon their fair town, and accessorises like anything.
- GOGathon: I Just Wanna Leave While I'm Alive In which Shim is inconvenienced by Lovecraftian horrors, tormented by game designers, and impressed by early technical accomplishments in Alone in the Dark.
- GOGathon: You Just Keep Me Hangin' On In which Shim is alternately enthralled, diverted and thwarted by Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.
at 14:21 on 06-11-2018
The RPG blog is all I have - I don't consider it dead, but work commitments + repeated minor illness over the last year or so have comprehensively kicked my arse and not left me time for RPG m...permalink
at 23:05 on 26-08-2017
Not sure if people have run across this yet. In a slightly bizarre development, S.T. Joshi not only pulled out of the biannual Lovecratian con NecronomiCon, but posted up some <a href="http:/...permalink
at 12:09 on 02-10-2016
There definitely won't be any problems this year. We have our reunion meetup this October and everything, down in the lakeside Ferret Clubhouse. It's fine, because the path never gets...permalink
at 22:59 on 25-07-2016
"Like Innsmouth, but with more rape" seems to be a distressingly common approach. I just read one by Brian Stableford, there's that whole Alan Moore thing. It feels so point-m...permalink
at 21:49 on 29-06-2016
@Robinson: I can't imagine Scotland leaving the UK and not rejoining the EU, it'd be really vulnerable. Also Scotland is heavily pro-EU, and I suspect the other EU countries would be happy to...permalink
at 19:33 on 04-05-2016
I always wondered how serious it was supposed to be. Lovecraft's section is verging on self-parody, though not outright there, and Howard's section is superlatively machismic. The writing ci...permalink
- 19:06, 05-05-2017 on The Fouling of the Howling:
I find it very pleasing how these articles can take something I just wouldn't watch, and still turn it into engaging and enterta...permalink
- 20:50, 18-03-2017 on When He's Right He's Right, When He's Wrong He's Frank Belknap Wrong:
Well, when you put it like that... no rush though, maybe bring it along to a game? Unless you're desperate to get it out of the...permalink
- 19:03, 16-03-2017 on When He's Right He's Right, When He's Wrong He's Frank Belknap Wrong:
On Chaugnar Faugn: I've never read the story and, given your review, don't intend to (a shame, because some aspects of the entit...permalink
- 22:38, 21-02-2017 on Lumley's Little Bites:
The Horror at Oakdeene, a rarely-reprinted Lumley story that, based on what I am able to discover about it, s...permalink
- 09:36, 10-12-2016 on Dermore I See Of Him, Derleth I Like:
If you really want to read his stuff I could just give you my copies, I certainly don't want them any more.</blockqu...permalink
- 22:34, 08-12-2016 on Dermore I See Of Him, Derleth I Like:
Another enjoyable series, particularly as I've slowly started checking out some of the secondary Mythos authors, but not reached...permalink