Robinson L maintains a dreamwidth journal under the handle irreverent intellectual, although he hasn't been active in a few years. Reportedly crashed into an asteroid in late 2004 and died a fiery death. He got better. He aspires to be (in no particular order) a successful author, an activist, and a parent.
- 1984 for the 21st Century Robinson L peers into the bleak depths of a Chinese dystopian sci-fi tale.
- Ferretnibble 3 - Two Different Frontiers, One Class, and Four Text Adventures Robinson and Arthur offer reviews of two short stories, a Doctor Who spinoff series, and a grab-bag of interactive fiction pieces.
- The Wonderful Shitbag of Oz Disney's “Oz, the Great and Powerful” is a spectacular failure on almost every conceivable level.
- Book Review: “Sir MacHinery,” by Tom McGowan Robinson L reviews an obscure fantasy novel
- An Almost Amazing Book Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni's One Amazing Thing aims for greatness … and ultimately falls short.
- The Reading Canary: Chaos Sucking Robinson L tears into the second and third books of Patrick Ness' "Chaos Walking" trilogy
at 03:30 on 11-11-2017
Oh yeah, two other minor points I really liked, the first one a minor spoiler. It turns out that Lokistashed Odin in some sort of building that was subsequently torn down, a...permalink
at 00:36 on 10-11-2017
Saw Thor Ragnarok with some of my family earlier today (as my stepmother pointed out, there was no colon in the credits; maybe it's their family name). There are many aspects to it I re...permalink
at 20:00 on 08-11-2017
So, just to be clear, Arthur, when you answered "Yes" to my post from a month ago, I take it you were responding to the question
Was whatever magic you worked last ye...permalink
at 22:02 on 02-10-2017
Oh hey, it's October again already. And that being the case, I think it's important that we know: Was whatever magic you worked last year to stave off the annual blackout a conti...permalink
at 18:15 on 28-08-2017
Ichneumon: The Ellen Datlow thing is particularly paranoid-sounding.Yeah, I found that jarring as well. His argument for why Datlow is not a True Lovecraft Fan co... permalink
at 20:36 on 18-08-2017
Recently came across this Washington Post article about <a href="https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2015/07/20/men-who-harass-women-online-are-quite-literally-losers-new-stud...permalink
- 00:02, 16-11-2017 on Clotheslining the 1%:
I’ve never seen this movie, and unsurprisingly, the first time I heard a plot breakdown of it was in 2012 or 2013 on a pod...permalink
- 00:00, 16-11-2017 on Cat Scratch Slayer:
Me neither. It was just this weird thought that hit me completely out of the blue. Just one of those things, I suppose.permalink
- 20:15, 15-11-2017 on Cat Scratch Slayer:
So, Arthur, this is just a wild guess, but by any chance, did you adopt a cat recently? Or begin a relationship with someone who...permalink
- 22:30, 31-10-2017 on Substandard:
I recognized what movie this was going to be from the title and description before I read the article—and I’ve never...permalink
- 22:02, 31-10-2017 on Walking Out of the Interview (With the Vampire):
Hmm, interesting. I’ve never read any of Rice’s books, but I saw a video from a couple of years ago talking about th...permalink
- 22:00, 31-10-2017 on Lumley Makes a Psychomess of It:
Huh, it’s too bad the story apparently collapses in on itself, because the premise as you describe it sounds like a pretty...permalink