Robinson L maintains a dreamwidth journal under the handle irreverent intellectual, although he hasn't been active in a few years. Reportedly crashed into an asteroid in late 2004 and died a fiery death. He got better. He aspires to be (in no particular order) a successful author, an activist, and a parent.
- 1984 for the 21st Century Robinson L peers into the bleak depths of a Chinese dystopian sci-fi tale.
- Ferretnibble 3 - Two Different Frontiers, One Class, and Four Text Adventures Robinson and Arthur offer reviews of two short stories, a Doctor Who spinoff series, and a grab-bag of interactive fiction pieces.
- The Wonderful Shitbag of Oz Disney's “Oz, the Great and Powerful” is a spectacular failure on almost every conceivable level.
- Book Review: “Sir MacHinery,” by Tom McGowan Robinson L reviews an obscure fantasy novel
- An Almost Amazing Book Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni's One Amazing Thing aims for greatness … and ultimately falls short.
- The Reading Canary: Chaos Sucking Robinson L tears into the second and third books of Patrick Ness' "Chaos Walking" trilogy
at 15:30 on 15-02-2018
It took a while, but I've now seen The Last Jedi again twice in theaters. The first rewatch in particular brought up a number of fresh points, as well as new perspectives on some old on...permalink
at 20:00 on 26-01-2018
@Ibmiller: Okay, I'll keep The Telling in mind for future reference. The book in question is The Fifth Sacred Thing (1993) by pagan activist Starhawk, and, if you want t...permalink
at 05:15 on 26-01-2018
Good to know. As I said, I have deep respect for her contributions to the genre, and I always appreciate ferretbrain reviews of topics I have some interest in, but can't be arsed to go into bl...permalink
at 18:00 on 25-01-2018
Actually, I suspect I'm an outlier on the site for not being hugely impressed by le Guin's fiction. I revisited the first three Earthsea books a few years back, and I just found them ok...permalink
at 18:02 on 19-01-2018
Whoops, I completely spaced out on finishing my scenario. Sooo, anyway, after having his ability to use the Force for evil stripped from him, Kylo Ren is placed in Chewbacca's custody...permalink
at 00:36 on 19-01-2018
Also in my musing, I came up with a scenario for how they could avoid redeeming Kylo Ren and still have it be satisfactory. Before going into that, though, I want to talk a little abo...permalink
- 22:02, 19-01-2018 on Kickstopper: Turning the Lights Out On Those Who Most Need Them:
Okay. In the article you tossed that information out as if it was already established, but then the way you talked about it late...permalink
- 20:36, 18-01-2018 on Kickstopper: Turning the Lights Out On Those Who Most Need Them:
It feels to me that in the age of austerity “Bad shit happens to those not in power because those in power don...permalink
- 20:00, 18-01-2018 on Cakes on a Train:
Great to see you back in action, Sonia. I’d like to comment on the article, but I haven’t seen the movie, and while ...permalink
- 15:30, 09-01-2018 on Funny, Complex, Imbalanced.:
Sounds like more than good enough for me. I'll be sure to make a report once I've read it, though but that'll probably take a wh...permalink
- 22:00, 08-01-2018 on Funny, Complex, Imbalanced.:
in its worst it is just another adventure plot wanting to have its glory and deconstruct it at the same time</blockq...permalink
- 20:36, 01-01-2018 on Ferretnibble 3 - Two Different Frontiers, One Class, and Four Text Adventures:
Extremely belated, but I feel I should point out that Class was not renewed for a second season, and at this point, it lo...permalink