Robinson L maintains a livejournal account under the handle Arkan2, where he reviews and/or rants about books, movies, tv shows, his college, and politics. Reportedly crashed into an asteroid in late 2004 and died a fiery death. He got better. He aspires to be (in no particular order) a successful author, an activist, and a parent.
- Ferretnibble 3 - Two Different Frontiers, One Class, and Four Text Adventures Robinson and Arthur offer reviews of two short stories, a Doctor Who spinoff series, and a grab-bag of interactive fiction pieces.
- The Wonderful Shitbag of Oz Disney's “Oz, the Great and Powerful” is a spectacular failure on almost every conceivable level.
- Book Review: “Sir MacHinery,” by Tom McGowan Robinson L reviews an obscure fantasy novel
- An Almost Amazing Book Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni's One Amazing Thing aims for greatness … and ultimately falls short.
- The Reading Canary: Chaos Sucking Robinson L tears into the second and third books of Patrick Ness' "Chaos Walking" trilogy
- The disco crowd had better give way, Because today's the country beat day Robinson L reviews the 2009 Bollywood romantic comedy Dil Bole Hadippa
at 20:02 on 15-08-2017
Hmm, I’d heard about Doyle writing a Holmes pastiche/parody, which was characterized as a good-natured self parody (though given it was written between “The Final Problem,” a...permalink
at 18:02 on 20-06-2017
A couple of my sisters and I watched the movie again with our dad and his second wife this weekend. My father's second wife grew up reading Wonder Woman comics in the 50s, and she wasn'...permalink
at 15:30 on 12-06-2017
Went to see it with my mom and all three of my sisters on Saturday. It's rare for us to all go to a movie together these days, though because it was evening and on a weekend, we had to take se...permalink
at 15:00 on 12-05-2017
Hey, whatever works for you. Personally, I haven't switched over to Dreamwidth yet, because I've been busy with other projects. However, I have read up on it, and now I'm asking mysel...permalink
at 18:06 on 19-04-2017
Thanks for the advice, Arthur; I'd completely forgotten about the Dreamwidth option. I mean, if I'm reading the "Account Termination" (6th point) accurately, they say they're going to...permalink
at 20:00 on 18-04-2017
@Ibmiller: Just wanted to let you know that I've been meaning to respond to your latest comments on livejournal but, 1) I'm traveling again right now and kinda busy, but more importantly, 2) I...permalink
- 18:00, 12-08-2017 on The Narration of Shannara:
The dystopian angle isn't too bad. More regimentation and indoctrination and generally restricted freedoms than, say, the North ...permalink
- 22:02, 11-08-2017 on The Narration of Shannara:
I'm curious, which book with a non-binary protagonist were you talking about?Took me a day or two ... permalink
- 22:00, 11-08-2017 on Ferretnibble 3 - Two Different Frontiers, One Class, and Four Text Adventures:
gay people - the last of which the Allies didn't even free but just put in another prisonYikes, no... permalink
- 20:36, 08-08-2017 on I, Reader:
Cheriola: I'm sure people grown up before the Renaissance had similar complaints about cheaply printed books and gen...permalink
- 20:30, 08-08-2017 on Ferretnibble 3 - Two Different Frontiers, One Class, and Four Text Adventures:
Arthur: If it is part of your ideological framework that everyone is brought up in a ideological or cultural framewo...permalink
- 20:00, 08-08-2017 on Ferretnibbles 2 - Beren and Lúthien, Shin Megami Tensei on the 3DS, and Sithrak Tracts:
Oops, looks like I haven’t already commented on this one. Anyway, I’ve been hearing about a new Beren and L...permalink