Robinson L maintains a dreamwidth journal under the handle irreverent intellectual, although he hasn't been active in a few years. Reportedly crashed into an asteroid in late 2004 and died a fiery death. He got better. He aspires to be (in no particular order) a successful author, an activist, and a parent.
- 1984 for the 21st Century Robinson L peers into the bleak depths of a Chinese dystopian sci-fi tale.
- Ferretnibbles 3 - Two Different Frontiers, One Class, and Four Text Adventures Robinson and Arthur offer reviews of two short stories, a Doctor Who spinoff series, and a grab-bag of interactive fiction pieces.
- The Wonderful Shitbag of Oz Disney's “Oz, the Great and Powerful” is a spectacular failure on almost every conceivable level.
- Book Review: “Sir MacHinery,” by Tom McGowan Robinson L reviews an obscure fantasy novel
- An Almost Amazing Book Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni's One Amazing Thing aims for greatness … and ultimately falls short.
- The Reading Canary: Chaos Sucking Robinson L tears into the second and third books of Patrick Ness' "Chaos Walking" trilogy
at 22:30 on 12-11-2018
Yeah, I got distracted, but I've also be slow working through the October batch - still only about halfway through. Fair enough on the retrospectives, I'll look forward to the next in...permalink
at 20:34 on 12-11-2018
So, it's taken me a while to pull my thoughts together (also, there's NaNoWriMo). Anyway, this turn of events was unexpected, but not shocking. I'm gonna miss the site. I feel it serv...permalink
at 05:30 on 03-10-2018
Oh yeah, it is October. You know, I remembered about the yearly blackout a couple weeks ago, then forgot all about it again. Good to know we should be spared this year. And hey, I jus...permalink
at 22:00 on 10-09-2018
Well, that does sound hopeful. Best of luck! (Weird, though, that apparently the Japanese legal code ranks grown adults selling sexual favors as a crime comparably serious to traffick...permalink
at 22:36 on 03-09-2018
I tell ya, if it's not one thing it's another. Oy vey.*sigh*, so true. I guess national borders and immigration controls screw people over pretty much e... permalink
at 18:00 on 28-08-2018
Congratulations on your new position, Raymond. Also on finishing your draft. You're right that there's still a lot of work still to do on the novel, but completing a draft is still a re...permalink
- 15:29, 02-11-2018 on Ferret Blogroll:
I'm on Dreamwidth: https://irreverent-intellectual.dreamwidth&...permalink
- 15:02, 25-09-2018 on F91 and the Problem with Gundam Pacifism:
Re: Black Robe Okay. I mean, I'm not convinced that culture clash films require villains, or that you can't have good...permalink
- 22:30, 24-09-2018 on Eromanga Sensei: Overrated Trash:
S'okay, I got the idea from the article. I just got bemused at the specificity.
Robinson: Reminds me of th...permalink
- 20:02, 24-09-2018 on Ferretnibbles 4 - Raymond's Scattered Summer Cinema:
(Or am I missing the joke?)permalink
- 20:00, 24-09-2018 on Ferretnibbles 4 - Raymond's Scattered Summer Cinema:
Meaning like how we have Lucy Liu as Yun Jingyi, more commonly known as Joan Watson, on CBS' Elementary? I agree; sadly, ...permalink
- 15:00, 24-09-2018 on Ferretnibbles 4 - Raymond's Scattered Summer Cinema:
think, in our attempts to be more open-minded and three-dimensional in our portrayal of foreign characters, we can ...permalink