Alasdair Czyrnyj is convinced that something horrible is going to happen in the near future, but isn’t entirely sure what. As a result, he spends most of his time in pensive discontent, which is far less enjoyable than it sounds. He often reads books, sometimes finishes them, and occasionally writes about them. Nowadays he does most of his blogging at The Futurist Dolmen.
- "See Me!" May is a very sad movie.
- The Inner Sadness of a Nazi Murder Machine Wolfenstein: The New Order does things you wouldn't expect a Wolfenstein game to do, and is all the richer for it.
- Memories of the Aquarian Age Beyond The Black Rainbow is a film about utopians, the darker side of human nature, and cool synth tracks.
- Anxiety, Anger, and Porn Watamote is, in a word, remarkable.
- Offensively Interesting Frankenstein’s Army exploits historical tragedy, and yet I don’t entirely hate it.
- I Want To Be Inside You Excision is a coming-of-age-tragedy with vivisection.
at 02:08 on 11-09-2017
Hello everyone. It's been a very long time, but I was looking at the current discussion, and it brought to mind an old question that's been rattling around in my head for ages but I've never b...permalink
at 02:02 on 04-07-2016
Sunny, you forgot that the machine that can put men's minds into women's bodies (and the reverse) is also canon. But yeeeeeahh Gene was kind of a creep. You can find stories about the...permalink
at 20:57 on 22-05-2016
Out of the blue question: Arthur, what can you tell me about Rogue Trooper? I know the very basics (shirtless blue man fights a lot of dudes on futuristic hell planet), but I just want ...permalink
at 21:37 on 06-02-2016
Speaking for myself, when I saw TFA, I was mostly struck by how, well, bleak the movie was. There's this subtext to the film about how all the happily-ever-afters promised at the...permalink
at 20:28 on 17-12-2015
Repetitiveness is a problem for any long-running comic, but I do wonder if the strip is still relevant in any way. I mean, Adams was finally able to leave the office world in the early-mid 199...permalink
at 04:15 on 05-10-2015
Gotta admit...seeing the trailers for these new, gigantic open-world games with all this customization, sidestories, and the like...I just wonder when people get the time to finish them...permalink
- 18:27, 13-08-2016 on Mr Bubbles' Nostalgia Trip:
Infinite is definitely one of those games, like the Thief rebootquel, whose creation is far more interesting than ...permalink
- 20:13, 12-08-2016 on Mr Bubbles' Nostalgia Trip:
Honestly, his discussion reminds me of nothing so much as the decades of argument among scholars and propagandists about whether...permalink
- 00:45, 16-05-2016 on The Man Whose Dicks Weren't All Exactly Alike:
Oh, no argument there. As I said in my review, part of the reason I liked the older characters is that they at least seemed to <...permalink
- 19:38, 13-05-2016 on Invading America For The Lulz:
Two things I wanted to toss onto this article. The first is <a href="http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/1/3560318/homefront...permalink
- 18:45, 13-05-2016 on The Man Whose Dicks Weren't All Exactly Alike:
So, um, if anyone's curious about how that adaptation of The Man in the High Castle was...I saw it. <a href="http://www.s...permalink
- 21:04, 17-04-2016 on Troy Had A Company:
Thank you for compiling all this, Arthur. I'd just gotten into Clear Lakes 44, and I knew something was up with Tim and J...permalink