Michal is a Luddite who has never owned a cell phone, nor ever will. His aversion to technology has not kept him away from the internet, however, and he even has a blog...though he's not sure why.
- 2013-11-24 22:42 - Return to the Island of the Apes - link That plot summary made the historian part of my brain give a withering cry of anguish. When I read the sample chapter, it then proceeded to crawl off into a small dark corner, bawl its eyes out, and give me an accusing stare that cannot help but make me fe...
- 2013-10-31 00:07 - Offensively Interesting - link I enjoyed Inglourious Basterds the first time I saw it in the theater. But the more I think about it, the less I like it, and I'd be hesitant to recommend it to anyone now. And yes, Iron Sky is that bad. It's a fil...
2013-10-28 23:07 - Offensively Interesting -
Suffice to say, I would not recommend this film to anyone with a family history in the East from that time.Yeah... I remember seeing the trailer for this a while back and thinking it was most certainly Not For Me. at least i...
- 2013-09-23 04:25 - One Hundred And Ten Fantasy Novels - link Not surprisingly, the sequel to Anthony Ryan's Blood Song happens to be titled Tower Lord.
- 2013-09-20 17:18 - One Hundred And Ten Fantasy Novels - link Actually, Dragon's Blood is a really good book, and it's sequel Heart's Blood is even better. Though that's because they're by Jane Yolen and involve pit dragons on a far-off planet and are actually technically science fiction. I th...
- 2013-09-20 05:47 - One Hundred And Ten Fantasy Novels - link Need I point out that Blood Song is an actual book now? Methinks Anthony Ryan took the game too seriously.
- 2013-09-18 00:52 - Not Quite a Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius - link This is an old article, but I'm gonna comment anyway 'cause that's how I roll. I'm not sure if this restores my faith in conventional publishing as the article implies it should, since the book is, despite a shoddy cover and wandering plot, still ...
- 2013-09-09 05:54 - Peacast VIII: A Pocketful of Cum - link Ladies and gentlemen, introducing the Fifty Shades Generator. "My birth cannon was trembling like an epileptic at a Pink Floyd concert." Strangely accurate, no?
2013-09-02 00:56 - City of Celluloid -
I was actually about to post that video. Needless to say, I find her points to be very good ones.
My thoughts are "Woah, holy shit, a TGWTG reviewer who offers interesting insights and doesn't rely heavily on gimmicks, fake rage and w...
- 2013-08-27 16:48 - The "300" Movie Is Fascist Filth - link There is a sequel. I'm quite terrified of how Artemisia of Caria is going to be handled in this one. I'm also puzzled by the fact that Xerxes' ships have beards, but he doesn't.
- 2013-08-11 05:57 - How Gary Jennings ruined my adolescence - link I'm glad you liked the reviews! Strangely, 11/12 might well be the best age to start reading Jennings if that's how fate falls, since there are enough endearingly ridiculous elements to leave you impressed at the time. The sex was extraneous and easily s...
- 2013-06-16 04:34 - The History of the Von Beks - link I'm pretty sure he named Prince Gaynor the Damned by accident.
- 2013-04-04 00:22 - I have no arms and I must scream - link When I watched this video I immediately thought of this article.
- 2013-01-09 21:41 - GOGathon: Iron Storm - link Alasdair, as someone who joined the site in part because your articles were on here: Good show, sir, and good luck.
- 2012-12-11 21:15 - How Gary Jennings ruined my adolescence - link I thought I was pretty positive about Aztec. It was certainly better researched, and just better all-around, than the others.
- 2012-12-02 13:49 - I, Whedon - link What is up with anti-rape devices in science fiction that only work while you're being raped? First the dentata in Snowcrash, then this thing.