Michal is a Luddite who has only owned a cell phone once, and even then but briefly. His aversion to technology has not kept him away from the internet, however.
- at 01:31 on 06-05-2016 link This is beautiful. If there's one thing out of this year's Hugos I'm enjoying, it's seeing Chuck Tingle troll the ever living fuck out of Teddy Beale.
- at 04:46 on 27-04-2016 link At least something good came out of this year's Hugo debacle.
- at 15:30 on 20-03-2016 link For a brief space of time I was willing to give the latest sad puppy effort the benefit of the doubt, then I saw how nasty its proponents are being to authors who want off of their it's-not-a-slate, and I think Rachael Acks put it best: "Please, someone explain to me how I should see this as anything but transparently manipulative, wanky shit."
at 21:07 on 04-02-2016
And if the force is meant to be just believing in yourself, it is not very interesting in my opinion and rather disappointing.Which means that's probably *exactly* what George Lucas had in mind.
- at 02:20 on 02-01-2016 link It's the first day of 2016, and I feel Scott Lynch may have already given us the best SFF community-related rant of the year.
- at 04:56 on 15-12-2015 link Who'd of thunk two more people on Ferretbrain have encountered The Dilbert Principle? I read it in elementary school, back when the only comic books available in the public library were collected newspaper strips and I read them all on principle. I remember being really disappointed by the book's almost complete lack of humour. Huh, I even read The Dilbert Future now that I think about it, though I can't remember much about it at all. I believe that was shortly before I gr...
- at 06:16 on 09-07-2015 link While "Alice in Wonderland with a steampunk twist" is not exactly the most inspiring tagline, I believe this Kickstarter may be of interest to certain ferrets.
- at 05:00 on 15-06-2015 link Speaking of interactive fiction... BEHOLD. CRY$TAL WARRIOR KE$HA
- at 19:16 on 04-06-2015 link Ancillary Sword made it past the rabid/sad puppy slates, and Three Body Problem sneaked in because a puppy candidate declined his nomination on the grounds of "I don't want to be associated with this mess". I think that's also the case for Goblin Emperor since Correia declined his nomination as well. The quality of work on the ballot this year in the short form categories has taken a huge dive from the usual mix of mediocre and not-so-mediocre right into "hang your head in sham...
- at 04:50 on 01-06-2015 link The Hugo nonsense has done a wonderful job of telling me whom to avoid in the sff community in the foreseeable future.
- at 16:53 on 08-02-2015 link Actually, it's about ethics in Hugo nominating.
- at 01:29 on 09-01-2015 link Sad Puppies 3 is a go. It feels waaaaaaaay to early in the year for Hugo talk, and yet all my feeds are brimming with it.
- at 20:05 on 13-11-2014 link The source of the latest blowup is this. The initial blowup happened when Nick Mamatas publicly connected the identities on Ello.
- at 01:01 on 13-11-2014 link RE: Imaro - Saunders wrote about his decision to swap out the story in his introduction to the Night Shade edition, and I think he's also written about it on his blog. The ebook doesn't have the intro or the other essays for copyright reasons.
- at 05:35 on 12-11-2014 link Ha! I actually recorded that podcast on A Canticle for Leibowitz a few weeks ago & only got 'round to posting it today. I had no idea there was a radio play. And since we're talking about ebook releases, I just learned that Charles Saunders' Imaro is now available as an ebook. Here's hoping the rest of the series follows soon.
- at 05:53 on 05-11-2014 link PSA: Downfall is an excellent film and y'all should watch it you haven't already.