Guy spent millenia travelling the heavens on his magic surfboard, searching for a planet with magnificent fjords. And here it is! Legends also tell of him rising again to serve England in its hour of greatest need, which seems strange as he's not dead, or English.
- Finnikin of the Rock Guy reviews Melinda Marchetta's Finnikin of the Rock.
- Comical Oppression A review of Guy Delisle's “Burma Chronicles”
- What I Did on My Holidays... in Space! With Jesus! A review of sorts of C. S. Lewis' "Space Trilogy", comprising "Out of the Silent Planet", "Perelandra", and "That Hideous Strength".
- Y: The Last Man Guy reviews Brian K. Vaughan's Y: The Last Man and Kyra strives desperately to avoid the obvious Y/why joke.
- David Boring - A Review Guy doesn't judge a book by it's, err, title.
- Never Let Me Go Guy reviews Kazuo Ishiguro's Never Let Me Go. The editor really must work on her blurbs.
at 18:31 on 26-05-2013
I can't find it right now, but there's a comment somewhere on this website by, I believe, Dan, about games that "comment on the nature of complicity" in a certain rather overdone way... anyway...permalink
at 00:55 on 01-04-2013
I've played about half of Avernum:EftP, and I suppose what I'd say is it's very old-school RPG. There's quite a bit of nostalgia value in that for me and I've enjoyed it, but... there...permalink
at 23:11 on 12-03-2013
Thanks - I laughed 'til I choked.permalink
at 11:14 on 21-02-2013
...and of course, making webcomics about 'em doesn't count as "saying something negative about a person who's not in the room". See, he's not saying, just writing!permalink
at 09:03 on 27-10-2012
Is Frog Fractions the greatest free edutainment parody game ever created? You be the judge!permalink
at 06:38 on 20-08-2012
Oh, it's just for the game. Really. I mean, sure, like anyone else, I occasionally look around... surreptitiously press on any bricks that seem to stick out a bit from the wall... tap in searc...permalink
- 06:05, 26-09-2013 on One False Move:
To an extent, I think that this one is on a hiding to nothing. In the absolute sense, a player can never be truly cr...permalink
- 14:19, 28-04-2013 on Miscavige Family Values:
Does it talk at all about the death of Flo Barnett? I think that's the part that creeps me out most of all...permalink
- 16:03, 12-04-2013 on Who Will Survive and What Will Be Left of Them?:
Thanks for this recommendation - just finished playing it and I thought it was fantastic.permalink
- 14:43, 29-01-2013 on Not So Shiny:
Population growth slows? As it so far always has in pretty much every situation? You only get the boom/crash thing w...permalink
- 08:02, 15-12-2012 on Making History, Redux:
The drift away from history-as-patriotic-narrative has happened in a big way in the universities, and inevitably this leads to p...permalink
- 03:27, 12-12-2012 on How Gary Jennings ruined my adolescence:
He's posting shock images in the hopes that they will upset people here as much as he's been upset by someone not liking somethi...permalink