1. Likes lists. Obviously.
2. Has Views. Tries to shut up about them when appropriate. Often fails.
3. English major. Ex-music major (photo taken when still music major).
4. Comic fan. Some titles loved (in no order): Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men, Sean McKeever's Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane, Brian Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man (pre-Loeb) and Takio, Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron, Greg Rucka's Wonder Woman, Gail Simone's first run on Birds of Prey, Asterios Polyp, and Alison Bechdel's Fun Home (she drew a picture of herself wearing my hat at a signing :-). Hate Frank Miller, Mark Millar, Garth Ennis, Alan Moore, Joe Quesada, etc. Collects Jane Austen comic book adaptations by Marvel.
5. BBC costume drama fan - Andrew Davies and Sandy Welch in particular.
6. Dislikes Harry Potter and Hunger Games. (Other things which probably fit in this point are Star Trek, Doctor Who and all spinoffs, and pretty much all genre TV that has been popular after Firefly.)
7. Genres loved: Novel of manners (Austen, Dickens, Eliot); military sci-fi (Orson Scott Card, Aaron Allston, Timothy Zahn, Heinlein, John Scalzi, Elizabeth Moon); detective (Sherlock Holmes, Lord Peter Wimsey, Adam Dalgliesh, Mary Russell); fantasy high, low, and urban - and Regency, of course :-) (Lewis, Tolkien, Tamora Pierce, Gillian Bradshaw, Robin McKinley, Mary Robinette Kowal, Seanan McGuire).
8. Animation snob. Pixar fan, but less than excited about their last two films and their next six. Thrilled with Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra. Tangled and Beauty and the Beast are favorite Disney Princess films, and have a soft spot for the dreadful Tinker Bell films. The Incredibles is the best capepunk movie ever made. Miyazaki is great (particularly Princess Mononoke).
9. Has blog, will travel (er, respond to comments) :-)
at 16:53 on 26-01-2018
Arthur - I would LOVE to read a review of the Hainish books that don't get read as much. The Dispossessed is one of the most beautiful books I've ever read, and I really enjoyed The Telling, R...permalink
at 22:00 on 24-01-2018
So, Ursula Le Guin has passed away. I know she has kind of a mixed ferretbrain response, but I think she's a true great in science fiction and fantasy - not just politically, but from the shee...permalink
- 04:41, 26-11-2018 on Ferret Blogroll:
I'm only a commentor, though I did have the great honor of guesting on one of the last podcasts I know about on the site (about ...permalink
- 04:14, 09-07-2017 on Ferretnibbles 2 - Beren and Lúthien, Shin Megami Tensei on the 3DS, and Sithrak Tracts:
I hope so. That would make me beyond happy - it's the one Human/Elf marriage that has the potential for a different ending than ...permalink