Be it togas and neck-stabbings, or bodices and tight breeches, we seem to have rather a fondness for costume dramas and costume dramas here at Ferretbrain.
- Gull's From Hell and John's From Glasgow by Arthur B An extended meditation on Alan Moore and Eddie Campbell's From Hell, with a bizarre coda about Grant Morrison's brief sojourn into similar turf.
- Kickstopper: Comics Where YOU Are the Hero! by Arthur B Covering Van Ryder Games' Graphic Novel Adventures project.
- Ferretnibbles 4 - Raymond's Scattered Summer Cinema by Raymond H Raymond may have missed his deadline, but he keeps his promise of an article on all the movies he watched this summer.
- Better to be Feared than Loved? by Raymond H Sekigahara is a great movie! ...If you already have an extensive knowledge of Japanese history beforehand.
- 2 Samuel 6:14 by Raymond H Black Robe is often thought of as the Canadian Dances with Wolves, but is the comparison apt? Raymond investigates.
- Jim Jarmusch Via Germany, Part 1 by Arthur B An overview of the movies of Jim Jarmusch, as enjoyed via a nicely complete German boxed set.
- Cakes on a Train by Sonia Mitchell Kenneth Brannagh travels in style on the Orient Express.
- Paradys: Nice Town, Wouldn't Want To Live There by Arthur B Tanith Lee's Paradys is alright for a short visit, but wears on you after a while.