Be it togas and neck-stabbings, or bodices and tight breeches, we seem to have rather a fondness for costume dramas and costume dramas here at Ferretbrain.
- 2 Samuel 6:14 by Raymond H Black Robe is often thought of as the Canadian Dances with Wolves, but is the comparison apt? Raymond investigates.
- Jim Jarmusch Via Germany, Part 1 by Arthur B An overview of the movies of Jim Jarmusch, as enjoyed via a nicely complete German boxed set.
- Cakes on a Train by Sonia Mitchell Kenneth Brannagh travels in style on the Orient Express.
- Paradys: Nice Town, Wouldn't Want To Live There by Arthur B Tanith Lee's Paradys is alright for a short visit, but wears on you after a while.
- Arthur Throws a Templar Tantrum by Arthur B James Wasserman's The Templars and the Assassins is not Assassin's Creed fanfic, but then again it kind of may as well be.
- That Clown, That Dreadful Assclown by Arthur B Charles B. Pierce's mucking about ruins what might have been an interesting movie.
- Declare, If Thou Hast Understanding by Arthur B Tim Powers ventures into the Cold War, ankh held aloft.
- Beasts in Crinoline by Shim Or, how Kim Newman sold the same story twice.