For anything related to the sci-fi / fantasy genre.
- F91 and the Problem with Gundam Pacifism by Raymond H Gundam F91 has all of the franchise's flaws and none of its strengths
- A Few Non-Spoilery Things I Can Tell You About Solo (and One Minor Spoiler) by Arthur B The fandom debate over the new Star Wars movie will doubtless be breaking out over the next few days, but here's an initial salvo.
- Cronenberg's Cathode-Ray Puzzle Boxes by Arthur B Arrow Video's rerelease of Videodrome and David Cronenberg's early work revives both an old classic and some long-lost enigmas.
- Dreddfully Violent, Wonderfully Fun by Arthur B 2012's Dredd might at last have some form of followup coming via Netflix.
- The Greatest Empire That (maybe) Never Was a Novel by Sören Heim Sören has dug up another gem of fantastic literature. Kalpa Imperial - The Greatest Empire That Never Was by Argentinian author Angélica Gorodischer is an ambitious piece. But what exactly is it?
- Funny, Complex, Imbalanced. by Sören Heim Sören reads The Simoqin Prophecies by Samit Basu. He finds it a balancing act between (not quite) pratchettesque fun, deconstructionist fantasy and jabs at PCRPGs. Sometimes it feels like a crossover between The Elder Scrolls and Monkey Island, but it has its great moments, too.
- Shadow of WTF by Arthur B Middle Earth: Shadow of War is essentially Fanfic: the Videogame.
- Clotheslining the 1% by Arthur B They Live is more relevant than ever.