Occasionally we are Very Serious, here at Ferretbrain, and we even read non-ficition.
- Gull's From Hell and John's From Glasgow by Arthur B An extended meditation on Alan Moore and Eddie Campbell's From Hell, with a bizarre coda about Grant Morrison's brief sojourn into similar turf.
- Bernard the Storyteller by Arthur B Andy Collins might be the author of The Black Alchemist, but someone entirely different devised the story...
- Phillips & Keatman, Questers Extraordinaire by Arthur B Being a review of two seminal texts in the curious microgenre of "psychic questing".
- Military Monsters In Alien Costumes by Arthur B When it comes to early Internet text files on paranormal subjects, Martin Cannon's The Controllers is a remarkably influential work.
- Save vs. Libel, Pt. 2: The Rumour Dies, the Scars Remain by Arthur B After the Satanic Panic collapsed, gamers carried grudges from it into the future.
- Save vs. Libel, Pt. 1: The Rise of a Popular Error by Arthur B For a while, many people genuinely believed Dungeons & Dragons drove you insane and ripped out your soul for Satan. How did that start?
- All My Friends Know the Pale Rider... by Arthur B The life and ideas of Milton William Cooper seems strangely relevant to our current Trump-inflicted world of fake news and paranoia.
- A Very Specific Level of Scepticism by Arthur B Greg Bishop's Project Beta is sceptical enough to disbelieve some fringe theories but credulous enough to embrace others.