Occasionally we are Very Serious, here at Ferretbrain, and we even read non-ficition.
- Ferrets, Farewell! by Arthur B A statement on the future of Ferretbrain - or rather, the lack thereof.
- Ferret Blogroll by Arthur B As the ferrets scatter to the four winds, here's where you can find the work of contributors and commenters.
- "They’re Rereleasing It… and Then They’re Going To Rerelease Me… OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD!" by Arthur B Yes, we’re covering Troll 2 now.
- Jonestown, White Night, and What Scientology Could Have Taught the People's Temple by Arthur B Jim Jones might have looked up to L. Ron Hubbard, but as Tim Reiterman's definitive account of the People's Temple illustrates, he didn't learn the right lessons from the Scientology leader.
- The Family That Slays Together Stays Together by Arthur B Vincent Bugliosi's account of the Manson murders remains one of the best sources on the subject.
- Gull's From Hell and John's From Glasgow by Arthur B An extended meditation on Alan Moore and Eddie Campbell's From Hell, with a bizarre coda about Grant Morrison's brief sojourn into similar turf.
- Bernard the Storyteller by Arthur B Andy Collins might be the author of The Black Alchemist, but someone entirely different devised the story...
- Phillips & Keatman, Questers Extraordinaire by Arthur B Being a review of two seminal texts in the curious microgenre of "psychic questing".