It's not that we're obsessed with reading books (and sometimes having a stab at writing them) here on Ferretbrain, it's just that we get light-headed and giddy if we don't get regular doses of the written word.
- Fool Me Once, Dzyan On You... by Arthur B Tim Maroney's Book of Dzyan is a fascinating look at some classic Victorian charlatanry.
- Machen Fairies Grim Again by Arthur B A look at the work of Arthur Machen, through the lens of Chaosium's classic three-volume collection of his weird fiction.
- Lovecraft's Last Apprentices by Arthur B Robert Bloch and Henry Kuttner went on to have distinguished writing careers after learning their craft at Grandpa Howard's knee.
- When He's Right He's Right, When He's Wrong He's Frank Belknap Wrong by Arthur B Frank Belknap Long is mostly known as a friend of Lovecraft's, but is his own writing any good?
- Lumley's Little Bites by Arthur B A cross-section of Brian Lumley's short stories reveals a career more diverse than Cthulhu Mythos rehashes and endless Necroscope sequels.
- I, Reader by Arthur B A Reading Canary take on Isaac Asimov's robot series.
- People are Insects by Sören Heim Last year Ichneumon suggested that I read Leena Krohn's, Tainaron. Mail from Another City, if I'd like to experience a really fantastic journey. Et Voilà...
- Nick-You're-Not-The-One by Arthur B The Nickronomicon collects just enough of Nick Mamatas' Cthulhu Mythos fiction to establish that I don't like the cut of his jib.