It's not that we're obsessed with reading books (and sometimes having a stab at writing them) here on Ferretbrain, it's just that we get light-headed and giddy if we don't get regular doses of the written word.
- Ferrets, Farewell! by Arthur B A statement on the future of Ferretbrain - or rather, the lack thereof.
- Ferret Blogroll by Arthur B As the ferrets scatter to the four winds, here's where you can find the work of contributors and commenters.
- Black Wings: the Third Flap by Arthur B S.T. Joshi's anthology series settles into a comfortable formula.
- Black Wings: the Second Slap by Arthur B S.T. Joshi's second Black Wings anthology is notably better than the first.
- Plundering the Lovecraft Estate by Arthur B 1994's other major avant-garde Cthulhu Mythos anthology.
- Jonestown, White Night, and What Scientology Could Have Taught the People's Temple by Arthur B Jim Jones might have looked up to L. Ron Hubbard, but as Tim Reiterman's definitive account of the People's Temple illustrates, he didn't learn the right lessons from the Scientology leader.
- The Family That Slays Together Stays Together by Arthur B Vincent Bugliosi's account of the Manson murders remains one of the best sources on the subject.
- Gull's From Hell and John's From Glasgow by Arthur B An extended meditation on Alan Moore and Eddie Campbell's From Hell, with a bizarre coda about Grant Morrison's brief sojourn into similar turf.